• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dive scooter for sale

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jon

Dairyland diver
Supporter
Apr 7, 2001
I've finally decided to sell my beloved scooter since it hasn't been in the water in over a year. :waterwork Family has taken priority and I just don't have the time to use it anymore.

I've got quite a few accessories to go with it including an Apollo scooter saddle- which is over $300 all by itself. It allows you to ride the scooter between your legs (like Kirk Krack), or pop out the wings and carry two other divers with you.

I also have a climbing harness which is the way I normally ride it. Hook the scooter into the harness and you can ride in style without straining your arms while you dive. It is also very useful for one arm driving as you video other divers underwater.

I have two chargers so you can charge two batteries at once. This way you can switch out batteries between dives if you find yourself on a boat load of scuba divers. I have two wiring harnesses, but 4 batteries. It takes about 30 seconds to switch out the batteries with the wiring harnesses on them, but only another couple of minutes to switch the harnesses over to the extra batteries. Even with having to switch the harnesses it still takes less time to switch the batteries on a scooter like this compared to an Aeries scooter. If you really want the extra harnesses they sell them on Ebay for $35 a piece. I've always found two batteries to be more than enough, but when on a week long camping trip without electricity it can be nice to have back-ups.

I also have a compass, and the original shipping box for travel.

Brand new this is well over $3,000 worth of stuff, but it's not new so I'm only asking $900.

I would prefer to sell local since I have 4 batteries to go with it. If I end up shipping it to someone the batteries will stay here- and probably go to the recycling center as they cost too much to ship. You can buy your own batteries at your local battery shop. Price is the same with or without the batteries.

Here's some pics:

Jon

Attachments

• dive scooter 020.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 160
  • dive scooter 022.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 153
  • dive scooter 023.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 153
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…