• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Divers Flag

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jurrasic

Dec 15, 2004
I purchased the OMER Atoll Bouy and on my first dive with it it capsized and I lost my flag other than that no problems.
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement flag and top pole in the UK ??

Also noticed that by using the float it seemed to attract boats who came to investigate "What is that thing floating in the middle of the ocean" Do you have the same problems ??

rofl yes exactly the same, I tend to be negatively bouyant when I dive shallow and only the top of my head stickes out of the water, one day I felt a tug on my float line, a young girl had swam out to get my bouy rofl she had a hell of a fright when I popped up
Try Dave for a flag, he should be able to sort you out, then get a bit of mono and stick it through that little hole at the top of the flagpole, crimp it in a loop so the new flag wont come off

Just like to add to the above post, that when I say shallow, I mean shallow, like less than 2 metres

I wanted to get a dive buoy but for the reasons you guys just described I resisted. I'm think of getting a cheap piece of styro foam and putiing a red rag on it. That what fishermen use here to mark their nets and the boats steer clear for fear of getting a net tangled in their prop.

Just what I did... got styro foam.. tape all around it to keep it from braking and stuck a flag on it... apparently it wasnt good for British Spearing comp though.. boat man came to inform me that I was disqualified.. well the float worked like a beauty though.. I intend to keep it.. Stuck a coathanger on it to work as a flag pole and stuck my oversized flag on it.. it also has plenty of loops to get kit on..

Pekka

I got hold of a cheap body board coverd it in one of those yellow reflective vests and stuck abig a4 size a flag on top , put a couple of bungies around it and acts a carry for all your kit from the car to the water ,and i can strap a second gun and my flip flops and crab bag :thankyou to it . max visabilaty with very little drag

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…