• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

diving gloves

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sickbugs

spearo
Jul 5, 2005
what gloves do you use?
what do you use them for?
how strong are they?
would u reccomend them to others?

I used to use Picasso Amara gloves. Good quality materials, neppreme and thin, soft leather. The old version used to have kelvar or a similar material on all the fingers except the trigger finger, leaving that finger as flexible as possible.

The Amara product I received in the last year didn't have that feature, and in fact fell apart at the tips of the fingers in no time. So looking for a new spearfishing glove brand myself now.

i use cressi hunting gloves/with amara palm ecellent glove, i also sometimes use the new riffe kevlar palm glove its great for gun loading and holding speared fish

think i'll add in my bit

ive allways used those cheap gloves u buy in hardware stores, with the blue palms that grip really well.
i use them for spearfishing, but mostly for lobstering
if you take care of them, wash them after every dive, dont leave them in the sun, ect. they can be expected to last a few months, not bad for their price, and i would reccomend them for that.

however, i do really want a good pair of diving gloves, very comfortable to use for extended periods of time, that have good grip for loading my bands, ect, that wont get destroyed quickly by lobsters. also, id really like them in black and/or grey :) beuchat makes some gloves that seem to be what im looking for, but havnt seen them on any online shops..

I've only ever had one pair of gloves and they're no where near worn out yet, they were also one of the cheapest pairs avaliable to me! They're normal diving gloves (3mm) with some attempt at grip on the palm and fingers, they were only about £15 and are perfect for what i use them for. You can get a couple of different pairs from www.portlandoceaneering.com and i can't really see how you can go wrong!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT