• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Diving in Mauritius

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Sharky

Deeper Blue Beer Taster
Oct 19, 2002
Hello one and all:)

I need a little help about diving in Mauritius. You see I am getting married over there in may of next year and I am trying to find out the best places to dive at. we are staying in the north east of Mauritius at a place called the Maritim Hotel on Turtle Bay.
From what I've seen this place looks out of this world.

So any help would be great.

ps: the other half does not dive, so is there any thing for her to do?? :D

Originally posted by Sharky
ps: the other half does not dive, so is there any thing for her to do?? :D

Oh , I'm sure there will be plenty handsome hunks happy to chat art ; literature ect . while you dive ...;)
Seriously though , firstly congratulations :cool: ;
I haven't dived there myself but have some friends who have been . If you can't get info here I will be happy to contact them and find out what I can .
You are right , it is a beautiful place ; enjoy .

Maritius

Hey Sharky,

I personally have never been there but my sister-in-law was there last year and really liked it. As for finding things for the boss to do, why not get her on a resort trail so she can experience SCUBA? Likely as not, she will be doing a certification course directly thereafter and then you have a built-in (or added on, depending on your Point-of-view) dive buddy!

When my wife and I went to Kona, Hawaii last December, that is exactly what I did and now, voila! I have a dive buddy :D til death do us part and that will be from old age!

Bret

Re: Re: Diving in Mauritius

Originally posted by Abriapnea

Oh , I'm sure there will be plenty handsome hunks happy to chat art ; literature ect . while you dive ...;)
Seriously though , firstly congratulations :cool: ;
I haven't dived there myself but have some friends who have been . If you can't get info here I will be happy to contact them and find out what I can .
You are right , it is a beautiful place ; enjoy .

Well thanks mate, thats what happened in Jamaica last year.hmm

But yes if you can please contact them that would be great :D :D :

Firstly, congradulations on your engagement.

I havent scuba'd there, but i have done a bit of snorkeling. inside the lagoon its incredible. very clean and lots of fish. its a great way to get the wifey involved. i dived a bit on the east coast at post la-fayette. also on the south west at le mourne. my sister went snorkeling on the south east at Mailbu- its a big bay that used to be used as a harbour. they have more organised snorkeling trips.

if you want to freedive with shore entry, the outer reefs are the closest on the west coast.
and if you want some good deepsea fishing go to black river, (on the west coast) centre de pech and charter Zazou 2. if you see bernard or bertrand, tell them that mark reccomended them because you want big marlin

i posted a few pics of maurituis on the freediving places to dive section. check out "where's your eden?"

do yourself a favour. try to get up le leon called the lion or something. its a mountain in the south east. fanstastic views!

enjoy it

mark (green with envy)

ps. all my french spelling is suspect

Last edited:
Hey Sharky,

I stayed at the Maritim two years ago - very romantic "Honeymoon Hotel" - you've made a good choice!

If your main concern is what your wife (congrats by the way) can get up to whilst you're in the Big Blue, the hotel offers quite a variety of activities:

Without extra charge:
Pedalo, kajak, water-ski, snorkeling, horse riding (just awful- please avoid), tennis, golf, glass-bottom boat, spa etc. It's all on the Maritim website, so check it out.

With extra charge:
Spa treatment (works every time - but not cheap) & what I would really recommend is the deep-sea fishing! We booked for 1/2 a day - I caught a beautiful Yellow Fin Tuna and some small Bonitos - my girlfriend loved it, but could retire to the top of the boat to catch some rays & see dolphins, flying fish etc.

Enjoy!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT