• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Diving in Sligo ( ie)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BUZU

Apr 15, 2007
Hi all,

This summer I´m going to Sligo. My trip has nothing to do with diving but as I am staying there for at least 1 full weelk I wish I could experience myself the wilderness of the atlantic Ocean.

Does anyone know or recommend any club there I could dive with ? Contact details would be most appreciated

Thank you all in advance

Hi :)

I'm not sure about Sligo area itself, but there's a very good dive centre about 2-3 hours drive south from Sligo which is called Scuba Dive West. They run both shore and boat dives and usually you can get a place on the boat if you give them a buzz earlier on.

I dived there many times - we run the Open Water and Advanced Open Water training there, as well as some of the specialties. The diving over there is probably one of the best you can get in Ireland, both for the shore and the boat.

Have a look at their web site: scuba dive west - scuba diving in Ireland, scubadiving in Ireland, scubadive west, Learn to dive. for more details on how to get there.

Dive safely,
mike

Hi Buzu and Mike,
If its freediving I am based in Sligo and Mullaghmore is the main spot as you are usually garuanteed a dive. If its scuba you have 3 options 1 there is a PADI centre run by Declan and I can get his number but dont have it now. If you are CMAS there are two clubs the sligo suba aqua and Leitrim sub aqua both will bring you out for a nominal fee if you are a qualified cmas club diver ie a visiting diver. Give me a shout with what date you will be around and i will help in any way i can.

Hi Feargus,

Very kind from you.

I will let you know when I´ll be in Sligo. I guess I´ll be there around June 15th but there are some planning left to be done before I could know.

Thank you.

Hi Buzu June 15th is today afaik anyway should be here if thats July /august
Let me know and i will pm my number to you.

Feargus,

You´re right. I should have written July, not June.
Apparently my Alzahimer is progessing too fast

Cool Buzu I should be around here at that time I will pm you with my number. There are not that many wrecks here at the few that are at 45m but there is some nice scenic diving with usually good fish life. Let me know what gear you need etc a friend has a dive shop so we should be able to pull some kit together for you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT