• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Diving in the Gili Islands. Wich Island is the best?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Louisleluc

Feb 18, 2016
I am planning to go the Gili Islands in august and really want to be able to dive. I am a beginner so priority for me will be to be able to find a great diving school. Any tips are welcome

According to what I have heard there is more diving schools in Gili T compared to Gili Air but the party / drugs atmosphere in Gili T is not at a all what I am looking for.

It means that I am more interested in diving in Gili Air or even better in Gili Meno (not sure if it's possible but I have heard that the island is super quiet).

Regarding Gili Air I have read there http://www.tourfrombali.com/blog/gili-islands/ that there is a old patrol boat from the Second World War which is now a popolar diving site. Anybody who know about that? Is it hard to access for a beginner?

Japanese wreck from WWII is not for beginner since it's about 45 m below surface, see here and here. For beginner, USAT Liberty in Tulamben (east of Bali) is more accesible even for snorkelers, 40 m offshore and les than 1o-15 m depth, check here. Tulamben is good for diving/snorkeling/freediving only, quiet and not densed with tourist. You may find recreational divers from around Indonesia there. Go for Gili's if you want to experience other than diving. Both are unique. Selamat menyelam :)

I am planning to go the Gili Islands in august and really want to be able to dive. I am a beginner so priority for me will be to be able to find a great diving school. Any tips are welcome

According to what I have heard there is more diving schools in Gili T compared to Gili Air but the party / drugs atmosphere in Gili T is not at a all what I am looking for.

It means that I am more interested in diving in Gili Air or even better in Gili Meno (not sure if it's possible but I have heard that the island is super quiet).

Regarding Gili Air I have read there http://www.tourfrombali.com/blog/gili-islands/ that there is a old patrol boat from the Second World War which is now a popolar diving site. Anybody who know about that? Is it hard to access for a beginner?

GiliT Freediving school is a must visit :)

I have been to the Gillis 5 years ago. I visited only the main islands. 100% Tourisitc but sill lovely. No cars no scooters only bikes and horses are allowed. At that time I was only scuba diving and snorkeling. I wondered what freediving actually means when I saw it written at a school :) Its easy to find turtles to dive with but the sad thing is that the corals are almost all dead because of dynamite fishing.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT