• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Diving sites in the Caribbean

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

nenrandir

Sep 16, 2011
Hi all,

me & my family are planning a holiday for next xmas (2012) of 2-3 weeks. As it stands, the Caribbean is no 1 on the wish list. We are not more specific that that at the moment though.

Any suggestions for nice places to go where the diving is good? We're a family of 7, and it will be purely recreational diving, depths no more than about 10-15 mtrs.

Thanks in advance!

Agree with marco.

For the hard core diver, there is better diving available in the Caribbean, but, its either harder to get to or deeper. Bonaire is very user friendly for a family type vacation, nice resorts available, rent a car and the diving sites are almost all shore dives, marked from the road, civilized entries, always some of the shoreline is sheltered from any wind,easy to pick your depth and consistently decent to very good vis. Grand Cayman might be a reasonable second choice, but I hear the coral has suffered in recent years.

You will like it.

Connor

Just to add my 2 penneth.

Although not technicaly the caribbean I've always loved diving the Turks and caicos islands, especially Christmas to march time as there is always the possibility of diving alongside the migrating humpbacks. The coral life has sufferered of late due to hurricane damage.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT