• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Diving with contacts.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

marshallh7

Marshall
Nov 5, 2001
Too much time on the computer and my eyes are getting worse. Can't get prescription lenses for the mask I use -- Dacor Bandit. Does anyone dive with contact lenses in.

I used to dive that way all of the time. I used soft lenses and then switched to soft disposable.
I don't use them anymore- I had LASIK done a few years ago.
Jon

contacts

Aloha Marshal

I 'lost' my distance vision a few years ago and when I went to the eye doctor he talked me into contacts. I use plastic that last about two weeks (out at night). He also demonstrated what mono-vision could do. I've had a distance correction in my right eye (dominant) and a reading correction in my left ever since, except for flying where it's illegal. If the mask comes off, you can lose the contacts easily.

Bill

All the time

I have been diving with contacts for years. I take along artificial tears because my eyes dry out more than without them and on occasion I lose one but for the most part it seems to work.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…