• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DIY Fluid Goggles

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Acidjack

Sep 22, 2016
Hi everyone,

some days ago i ordered two lenses from Edmundoptics, today they arrived so i built them in to my Arena Cobra Mirror goggles.

It worked pretty well. I had to remove the rubber part of the goggles, so that the lenses are closer to my eyes.
I uses 15mm diameter / 15mm focal length Lenses.
I tried them in my sink, and i could see perfectly sharp, probably a little bit zoomed. I'll try them in the pool soon and will then report here how they perform.

20161207_134019.jpg

Reactions: Irminsul
Awesome stuff that you build yourself. If they work good in the Pool let us know and be prepared to write a complete building manual for me ;)
Schönen Gruß,
Jan

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 3310 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Acidjack
Much sharper than the 20x20 lenses, but they have to be placed pretty precisely near the eye.
So fitting them into the goggles with an acryl tube piece, instead of drilling holes, worked best for me.

With this setup i got sharp sight, a relativly big field of view and also vision above water.
I pretty much could read a book with it.
It just needs to be adjusted and positioned precisely.

Few.
It again depends on setup and adjustment.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Hi Jack, did you buy the lenses from Edmundoptics? Could you give me the serial number of the item, please? Thanks

Hi Jack, did you buy the lenses from Edmundoptics? Could you give me the serial number of the item, please? Thanks

same for me please. and a tutorial for dummies on how to make them (and what kinf of normal goggles to buy)

Much sharper than the 20x20 lenses, but they have to be placed pretty precisely near the eye.
So fitting them into the goggles with an acryl tube piece, instead of drilling holes, worked best for me.

With this setup i got sharp sight, a relativly big field of view and also vision above water.
Hey there thanks for sharing the info , how do you glue the lens to the goggles using what type of glue ?

Thanks for the info! Do you have a link or a serial number to the specific lens please? Thank you!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT