• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DIY Slip Tip

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

John Marr

Aug 1, 2007
Hello,
I am at the moment in a place where I cannot get any new equipment ( and I always like the DIY idea anyway ).
I am using a threaded shaft but unfortunately the ( double ) floppers are a bit short ( 4cm ) so I did lose a heavier, bigger fish ( Kingfish ) few days ago due to its threshing on the spear.
Is there a simple way to make a slip tip? I was thinking to remove the floppers and then bore open the tips threaded opening so that it just sits losely on the spear.
I would then attach a thin, strong dyneema line to the tip using the hole for the flopper rivet.
But then where would I attach the other end?
I have access to some basic tools, but no welding can be done.

any ideas? Thanks!

Is there a simple way to make a slip tip? I was thinking to remove the floppers and then bore open the tips threaded opening so that it just sits losely on the

any ideas? Thanks!
Rob Allen slip-tip very easy to remake at home

Hm, interesting! I would need to build my own flopper though. The one I have is 4cm long might still be able to go through fish, no?

Hm, interesting! I would need to build my own flopper though. The one I have is 4cm long might still be able to go through fish, no?
try it and you will see ... i guess 4 cm can work
by the way is a lot of spear fishers who prefer double and opposite flippers harpoon instead of slip-tip
bcoz it fly longer distance and precisely
1_1200_900.jpg

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT