• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question Dizzy when doing apnea walks

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

hansa123

Feb 26, 2021
Hi friends. I have a stupid problem and I am looking for advice. I almost pass out when doing apnea walks. No hyperventilation, then I inhale to about 90%, no packing. Then I start walking and in the first 10 seconds I often feel very dizzy and weak and sometimes need to stop and breathe. I am quite sure that my lungs compress some arteries and reduce the blood flow to my brain. I have similar effects when doing this for static when I am in my bed, but then its not too bad, I guess because my head is on the same level as my chest. I wonder if there is anything I can try as a remedy. Sure, take less air in, that resolves the issue, but is there anything else? I tried some stretches of the chest area to reduce the pressure, but no changes until now. Any advice is much appreciated, thanks.

I am not convinced that being dizzy is necessarily associated with a blood flow issue. Many people get the feeling of dizziness as if there is a surge of oxygen even from an initial breath for static apnea. See forum discussion on the matter below. I have experienced a BO from packing while standing in my kitchen and did not see it coming, no dizziness or warning at all, just woke up in a heap. I have done similar packing plenty of times before just for stretching/exercising my rib-cage with no issues, just goes to show the risk of that method. Orthosatatic intolerance is something to take into account as it can change easily from hydration alone. I have no idea how to interpret the weakness feeling, perhaps someone with other experience or expertise can share their insight.
https://forums.deeperblue.com/threads/dizziness-during-co2-tables.118413/post-998960

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT