• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Do Freedivers Dream?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
My freediving dreams are usually pretty realistic, and usually involve diving with other divers that I know. So, I'm usually diving with Mandy, Martin, or Kirk.....or sometimes we're just hanging out. Nothing too exciting. lol

Todd

i have this dream and he is reapeating itself....
i dive into the wooden floor of the room and the floor is liquid and undernith this floor is water...not so deep, but full of colours and fishes...
and all of my dreams are with hunting :p
te best is not when i shoot fishes because i didn't do that in any of my dreams....but seeing so many fish
well
the worst is when i go into the water and from the above i see that the water is clear, and when i dive, the water are with no visibility at all...
i guess this is the trauma of all divers that dive in the black sea
hahahahahaha....
and i have annother worst dream....i go hunting and a big fish appear....then what?
my gun broke instantly
hahahahahaha....
the fact is ... my dreams are verry realistic and all in colour....i dream even if a sleep for 5 minutes....and because of those realistic dreams...i often wake up very tired:(

I always dream too... the last two days have been insanly complicated, long, and realistic ones. But very frightening too, i'll be glad to get back to normal.
It is strange to dream in color because I hear most people dream in monochrome. I only dream in colour.

God I hope I get a freediving dream tonight :)

astral progection? whats that?

People dream in monocrome? that must suck.

Astral projection is also known as Out Of Body Experience, or OOBE. Controversial naturally, but I know what happened to me.

Yeah it is controversial... whether you actually leave your body of whether it's just your mind and imagination it's certainally a different experience.
I astral projected the other night actually... very nice :) Saw my freedive partner, that always makes me happy

I regularly dream about freediving but nothing freaky so far - only problem is that when I do it I a) kick out hard sometimes (not so good for my partner!) and b) wake up gasping because I've been holding my breath...

I always dream very vividly - what they call "lucid" dreaming (you know you are dreaming). I have also managed quite a few times to wake up and go back into the same dream... usually happens if I wake up an hour or so too early in the morning and manage to fall asleep again.

Last edited:
Astral Projection?

If you are 4 or 5 years old and have repeated dreams of flying like Peter Pan, mostly around your room, dead certain it was real, not feeling out of your body at all, does astral projection feel like that?? If so, I used to be one heck of a projectionist.

Connor

A few Years ago, I dreamt about a really outstanding Cathedral of Kelp.
I´ve been freediving quite a bit in Kelp Forests at that Time, but I never found quite that same place in real life.
That´s one of these dreams You never, ever forget.

By the way, if You haven´t been diving in Kelpies, You don´t know about the better side of the Matrix.

Good Air!!

BTW, Astral Projection lyrics:
"When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen. Sometimes there is a moment as you are awakening when you become aware of the real world around you, but you are still dreaming. You may think you can fly but you do better not try. People can fly."

Astral Projection?

If you are 4 or 5 years old and have repeated dreams of flying like Peter Pan, mostly around your room, dead certain it was real, not feeling out of your body at all, does astral projection feel like that?? If so, I used to be one heck of a projectionist.

Connor

Connor I've had incidents where I spoke to parents and other family members after moving through walls, flying to distant cities to visit a friend, and other stuff that is so out there I'm not gonna get into it here.
Some of these incidents were verified by others who saw me or spoke to me, even as my body was lying in a bed elsewhere. Sadly these have trickled down over the years and the experiences are rare now.

Some of these incidents were verified by others who saw me or spoke to me, even as my body was lying in a bed elsewhere. Sadly these have trickled down over the years and the experiences are rare now.

Hey!
Yes sometimes it's possible to talk to others and there are many people who have aparently had conversations in dreams and then been able to confirm it afterwards. My grandfather and a friend used to visit each other when they were young and practice doing just that.
There have also been scientific experiements to try and prove that this is possible. People would lie in a bed with all that equipment that measures when you are in REM sleep etc, and a piece of paper with some writing on it or something similar would be placed on a high shelf or in another room (basically somewhere where the person wouldn't be able to see it). After waking up, some people were able to tell the monitors what was written on the paper.
It's interesting to look in to, also if you want to practice it there are several methods that help. One of the best is the sleep adjustment cycle.

I had a really good one last night, I was skydiving but I remembered that I was asleep so I just let myself fall without opening the parachute. All the instuctors had a go at me but I just replied "well I'm alseep so it doesn't count! :)" Then I went and played around in the waves and let myself get thrown around by the surf. Love it :)

I have a friend who had so many projections she was actually pissed off at it! I know lots of people who have had these projections. I haven't personally, but do have very lucid dreams, especially when doing 2 or 3 month long meditation retreats. Very very beautiful colors and lots of sea and ocean dreams. For me, the ocean represents consciousness. At least that's the interpretation I give it. The themes of the dreams are usually very light and positive.

when i was 3 or 4 i used walk under water a lot and when i think back it feels like i never came up just stayed under with my eyes open for long periods of time. maybe it was my mammalian dive response. definetly just remember being underwater not ever taking breaths. in bad dreams if there was something after me i used jump into the ocean and would hide underwater and breathe the water and stay under. like a robot or beast was chasing me and i would jump off a cliff and into some rough water but then it would be quiet and there would be little bits of seaweed.

@Alix: What is "sleep adjustment cycle"?

As far as I know lucid dreams are dreams you can control while in them, very vivid dreams are just... vivid dreams. :)

From the bits and pieces I know of astral projection is that those people in the experiments you described (or very similar ones) actually didn't see the signs.
I also read that lately scientists found a part of the brain that when stimulated you get an 'out of body' experience (maybe a proprioception relay, but that's just my theory). I'm just trying to add more information to the interesting conversation, not to stir-up an argument about the validity of one's experiences. :)
I Never had an astral projection experience myself. :(

I'm a novice when it comes to lucid dreams, I have about a dozen or two of those a year with various grades of control. They can really make my day afterwards.
I've yet to have one with freediving, so far I haven't remembered tasks I wanted to do while inside a dream, I'm pretty sure not all of my consciousness is awake when I'm lucid dreaming, advices are welcome. :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT