• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Doggy Heaven, Java Indonesia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

cboyum

Jan 14, 2007
Just wanted to drop a few photos of a recent spearing trip I took to Java. We scored big time! Hawaii Fishing News is coming out with the article so I will wait on posting that. The pics should speak for themselves. Thanks for looking, and feel free to contact me if anyone is curious about Indonesian Spearfishing.

Aloha,

Cyrus

Attachments

• Dogtooth2.jpg
    Dogtooth2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 186
  • Dogtooth3.jpg
    Dogtooth3.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 173
  • Dogtooth4.jpg
    Dogtooth4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 172
Bigger ones.....

Yes there were some big boys in the school. My friend and I had our small guns since we were not expecting to see a huge pile of Doggies! So we mainly went for the medium ones. I know the size wasn't that spectacular but the amount sure was....

Cheers,

Cyrus in Bali....

P.S. here are a few photos of recent trips. No huge fish recently, but some fun action around....

Attachments

• CD pictures 005.jpg
    CD pictures 005.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 100_0478.jpg
    100_0478.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_1691.jpg
    100_1691.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 161
Mate, those doogies are the best size for eating in my opinion, thats what really matters right. I dont like em to big, great fun but not as tasty. What set up were you using to get those bad boys? I live in Thailand, so i could fly down for a few days if the fishing is as good as the pics show.

Set up

Hi Craig. Sent you a more detailed message via email... The gun in the pics is an Andre W. gun. He makes some of the best hand made spearguns around in my opinion. Act similar to a Riffe. No chum, just location. It seems that keyhole always has something suprising in it. Often times has too much swell running to dive it.... But when you can, it is a real treat! When your waiting for the opportunity there are waves and lots of GT action to keep you busy...

P.S. Pics are of the GT action out there and the surroundings!

Attachments

• 100_0461.jpg
    100_0461.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 100_0467.jpg
    100_0467.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCN6440[1].jpg
    DSCN6440[1].jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 152
Hi Cyrus,

I had a dive with Andre last year off the east coast of bali. Lots of tuna that day too, but this greenhorn didn't have the skills to land one. I used one of Andre's guns and liked it very much, even though I wasn't used to the open muzzle - multi rubber setup and missed a few shots.

I'll be up there again this year some time and will have to get in touch. I'll probably dive with Andre again and buy one of his guns this year. If you are further afield I will investigate heading up your way if you need a dive partner to help get some of those doggies :)

Cheers,
Cameron

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT