• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dominic Scanlan LeFarce

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Fred S.

Sep 22, 2001
Dominic Scanlan LeFarce did a clean 14'.05"
How incredible this must seem, I've met his brother exactly one year ago in Nepal.He is able to do even more. Unfortunatly he is not interested in records and competitions, so we'll probably won't see any of him in the international arena.

Fred

Reactions: DeepThought
Oh, yes I have actually dived with him.. He does not like to tell about his records. It will ban him from the temples, but actually he told me his secrets. I trust in everybody here in this forum so I will tell you some of the records he made in the year of 2001. He actually did a dive (unassisted constant weight, his favorite) to a stunning 205 meters, and stayed on the bottom for 2-3 minutes.. total dive time of 7 minutes, he doesn't have a clock but counted his heartbeats at 205 meters which was only 2 BPM!!.. He goes into somekind of trance when he dives.. Finally we get to know about his statics, which he told me he has done over 17 minutes on, I actually watched as he lay in the water holding his breath for 13 minutes..

Last edited:
I have exchanged a few emails with Dominic in the past.

One of the things he does, is that he trains all year but only does a max attempt once a year. He told me that last year he did 248m in dynamic. But it was without judges.

Indeed, and don't forget that he trains his dynamics outdoors.
The 248 mtrs without fins was in a river in Nepal, upstream !!!

I know from training out there that Nepal can be really darn cold!
Wasn't that performance realized under Ice?

That is true, I haven't seen him do 248 meter, but I saw him do 200 meter after he had done a static of 7 minutes!! He always do his training in rivers and in the sea, and he is famous for being the sherpa who sat on top of mount everest for 2 days with no air or food supplies!! At that time he went by the name ekoj xaoh

Last edited:
Reactions: Fred S.
and he is famous for being the sherpa who sat on top of mount everest for 2 days with no air or food supplies!!

That's exactly the place where I met him the first time...

I envy you cause I have never seen him perform. But I was told that he did his dynamic while trying to avoid some bears who thought he was a fish. Is that true?

Reactions: Fred S.
No, you're misinformed I guess. There are some pretty wild stories about him going around lately.
What I did see was that he had to come up at 248 mtrs because he was not able to swim up a huge waterfall. Unfortunatly Nepal doesn't have long stretches of river.

deepest bear would be worried would it not be for the date.....

I give up... I thought I was getting somewhere with my training, but with competition like that... ;)

Lucia

14 minute static

DB announces new world record, 14:05 set by D. S LeFarce.
Hmmm, what day in April is it??

So this LeFarce guy does he practice the no warm up breathe up technique or some funky fire breathing superhyperventilation or does he just go to sleep? :duh

Is it not the same guy who has the WR for the highest and longest breaching (7.5 meters) powered with no fins?
I also heard he has done a 12:32 static after inhaling 100% N2 for 20 mintutes.

Re: 14 minute static

Killing backgroad this LeFarce has...rofl
Alf Riolop is an anagram....

I had a little help from both him and Deepest Bear a few years ago on a project of mine.
-Deepest Bear though only on the parapsykological state...

Peter P

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT