• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Donations

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Angus

Apr 2, 2001
For us to be a community we need to be invested in the community. Stephan's request for donations is an opportunity to do just that. Not in the sense of buying a part of a business but in the sense that I can be part of making something bigger than myself thrive. The payoff, beyond the obvious, is that the more we invest in this project the more it can do for us. And that is the really cool stuff because that is when the surprises happen; the unexpected, unplanned, unforseen outcomes of synergistic processes. At this time Stephan and the others who have created and run this forum are paying to run it and are not making money off of this enterprise. By donating money we help support Stephan and the others who have already done so much for us. I am not ina position to give anything now. Instead I have committed to donating at least $100.00 over the next year. Be creative. Think about what you have gained from this forum. What is it worth to you to keep this going and to help it grow? Warmly, Angus

Thanks Angus

Angus,

Thanks for your support and words!

As with all of our members, whether they are new or old, as well as all you silent visitors out there, I would like to thank you all on behalf of the whole team here at Deeper Blue for you continued support interest.

Our freediving section dates back to 1996 and it hurts me to have to turn to our readers to ask for donations - but they are just that, a way to pledge your support for us...we're not going anywhere, we're not a "dot bomb" or whatever the phrases that have come out of the internet revolution. We are a totally grass roots effort and every time there is a post or a new visitor I still get excited (admitedly it means i'm excited several times a minute with our current traffic!) and rest assured we are working on some very cool things in the future that by pledging anything from $5 to $5 million will help us achieve...the only hint I will give at the moment is the World Championships are in Ibiza at the end of the year and we hope to be doing some cool stuff around that...

Anyway, thanks for all your posts and visits and I know that I certainly look forward to seeing you all on a regular basis for many years to come!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT