• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Double Dip 08 Inlist

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Will be driving up from Bristol airport on Friday afternoon if anyone wants a lift from there, just be hitching on the motorway with a long fin and I'll see you.

Thanks for the offer but it might be hard for me to get there.:)
Anyone else?
Kattie

In List has grown again!

Mark Harris
Steve Millard
Tim Money
George Miller
Ben Noble
Anne-Marie Kitchen-Wheeler
Stuart Bond
Liv Philip
Feargus Callagy
Haydn Welch
Yogi Jay
John Mc Geagh
Ross Elliott
Brian Daly
Martin Ashkenazy Jones
Gary McGrath

Sadly Tessa can't make it - but that's because business is too busy for her out in Egypt so we'll forgive her!

see you Saturday

S

Last edited:
PS Tessa's withdrawal means we have no ladies competing without fins - you have until midday tomorrow to change your mind if you'd like to have a go

If no one else enters, you might even get to see my washing machine style no fins descent just so I can grab the blue glass trophy for my own mantelpiece!

S

you'd look great in green heart shaped ear-rings (one of the prizes!)

thanks to everyone for getting their subscriptions in on time

but just for the record (you know who you are)

"F***, I don't know, you decide" - is not an ideal response : )

Just to warn you - I am offline from tonight as I'm driving up to chepstow first thing to get set up for double dip

if you need to get hold of me, text me or phone me. People who need my number should have it : )

S

Double Dippers!

The Angel's dive plan has gone out. Depths are groovy to say the least :D. The Angels who will be lifting their wings to see you safely through your dives are Simon, Mark W, Pete K, Brad and myself.

Rock your socks off Greenies and Meanies, and shine like stars in the cool green!
x

oh yes and other crew.....

Doctor - Ferenc
Judges - Judge Dave, Judge Matt and Judge Steve
Safety Divers - Kerri, Katie, Mandy, Lammy, Hardest Davey and maybe Marty Jones
Video - Louise
Countdown - Penny
Photos - JM and Flavia
Transition - me

see you there!!

bring your toothbrush, I have half of tonne of double dips and chocolate mud cake in the car

S

oh yes and other crew.....

Safety Divers - Kerri, Katie, Mandy...

At the Triple Depth this year the guys were pissed off because the girls all got to have a perv on the way back up from their dives. Glad to see that Saltfree promotes equal opportunity in the office!

Lads, it's our turn, who wants to black out first? :D

Thanks everyone! had a truly fab weekend and met some really nice people I hope will see again....

Just back myself and have a great time of it. well done to all the competitors and thanks to sam laura and all the safety crew organisers and judges. Hope to be back before double dip 09 and was good to be there for a farewell to benny at his last saltfree dip.

Just want to say thankyou also to everyone, particularly Sam and Laura, we had such a great time and was really lovely to meet lots of new people (may even be brave enough to enter next year!), although i have to say eating lots of chocolate cake has to be one of my highlights :p(have emailed your mum Sam to say so!) and i also admit that i ate all my sweets on my drive home too (me greedy?, Yes!)

Many thanks again
Kate and Kerri :)

My 10 favorite memories from the weekend in no particular order are:

A supposedly "dry" judge getting wetter than the in water judge.
A blonde diver reporting seeing a UFO at 50m.
4 athletes getting to 25m with no fins, no warm up & no fuss.
An opener going feet first to 25m - ah so easy.
An aussie getting a lake PB.
An young gentleman setting a new national record.
A certain "newbie" sleeping through his 2 min countdown.
The medically qualified person showing us how to surface with a wobble.
Certain competitors getting confused between the comp and a zoo.
The guess the initials competition at dinner - nev.........

Great weekend folks - an impressive debut by so many newbies - and a marvellous atmosphere as always created by Sam, Dave, Laura and very many others... And as for someone called Mark (who he??), what an amazing performance!! Deeply impressive..........
Steve (Dry Judge in Cranberry)

Reactions: AltSaint
nev ordered four veg curries then did one without paying!!

Saturday was great, chilled and relaxed, nice diving, got a nice red head. It was nice to meet some new people and good to catch up with the old ones
Sunday was great, chilled and relaxed, collected pebbles on the beach, went on a pedalo, had fish and chips from a real Northern chippy and got a redder head

Priorities eh... its a hard life... so i've heard :)

Laters

Last edited:
My top 10 memories from the weekend:

• Sam's generosity with the impromptu extra newbie prize
  • Jay, in his first ever competition, involved with coaching
  • Benny and Penny making the most of their last Saltfree weekend ( for a while )
  • The 4mm difference between the thickness of Dave Morgan and Mandy's suits
  • Matt looking like a drowned rat when the squall broke
  • Steve and Fergus competing for deepest lobster award
  • Flavia's camera rig, as wide as she is tall
  • The Angels discussing how Laura would never find the missing FHOFs, not realising I was sitting in my car listening to them
  • The results being on the AIDA website the day after the competition ( still can't quite believe that )
  • Joking beforehand that it would be typical if our medic needed assistance after his dive ( which he didn't...but nearly did )
Any more for any more?

- Getting on one knee when giving sam flowers, I must be getting old it felt oddly natural.
- Dave in his bonnet ahhh, he just need a few sheep and a dress.
- 25m feet first, very very cool.
- The whole weekend flavia's lips were bluer than most of the divers post dive
- 55m in cold water and no fairies to fight off, Liv whats going on
- 25m No fins by how many people, John you set the bar, reckon it pushed the other on
- Ella and Chewy, imagine if they had puppies
- Mr Noble 50+ in the cold, cmon. We are going to miss the nobles
- An awesome national record and almost taking 3mins, "I thought it was 2", "no 3", "really 3 no? What was I doing down there!"
- A bloody lovely weekend

Reactions: AltSaint
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT