• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Double Dip 08

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
hey folks

good news and bad news...

bad news is that we can't do Double Dip in July any more, just can't find a date that all the key players can be there...

good news is that you get a bit longer to train.... most likely weekend at the moment seems to be 6/7 September - I'll confirm soon!

(I expect you all to be at least 5m deeper given the extra couple of months : ))

S

Double Dip this year will be on the 6th and 7th September - you've got the whole summer to train!! You'll be able to choose two disciplines from CW, CW No Fins and Free Immersion....

keep it clear and we'll get a web page up just as soon as I've finished writing marketing essays : )

Sam

Cool. Can't commit to anything just yet, that's going to be a crucial time of year for us...

Just heard that AIDA World Champs will be 1-14 September (no, I don't know where) so we'll need to change the date again for Double Dip.

I'm waiting to hear when the teams need to be selected by as we'd like to use it for team selection - will let you know as soon as I can

Sorry!

S

More info on Double Dip....

the website and entry form have been changed slightly to reflect the fact that if you like, you can enter twice in the same discipline. If you're really desperate for a great CW ranking and want two goes at it, if you're after a record or if you just want to be there both days and suck big time at everything but No Fins.... this could help!

so yes, you can enter twice with the same discipline!

Thanks Mr M for pointing that out.

Sam

sam,

put me down for safety cover for the weekend or balancing the pontoon when our collection of elephant seals climb on to it.

Lammy

Reactions: samdive
Good coverage in Sport Diver this month (April) - apologies for the dodgy writing and not getting permission for the photos from you - I had about 10 minutes to put it together and had no idea they'd just publish it straight off!

nice little article from Mr Crocs about the underwater photography course in there too. : )

oh yes and I have it on good authority from a long range weather forecast that July will be

" Warmer and drier than average "

so yes Liv, it will be positively toasty!!

S

We're still a bit short of entrants - so far we have 7 prizes for 8 entrants - so it might well be worth your while!

Particularly looking for NEWBIES!! with a SUUNTO D4 for the diver the judge's decide is the best newbie (done an AIDA */ ** or Deep Tank Course in the last 18 months and not competed at an AIDA event before) - there's quite an incentive!

More details on www.saltfreedoubledip.com - international entrants more than welcome, lifts from Bristol Airport (Easyjet!) are simple for us to organise and we would LOVE to have some non Brits there to teach us a thing or two (Benny - you don't count, you're an honorary Pom)

Closing date is 13 June so get your skates on...

S

Nnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You winge BETTER than a whinging Pom :)

(p.s. is there a spell checker on here, i can't even spell that word i think?)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT