Thursday, December 12, 2019
  • Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 40,000+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 496,000+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,300+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Double Dip Accomodation and Transport

Morg

Georgian Bay Freediver
Jan 14, 2006
Parry Sound, ON
Hey,

Alix (alix.leclerc) and I are planning on coming down. We will be coming from Brighton and might travel by train or coach, or a mix of both.

Our current idea is to camp but not sure how it will all turn out. Is anyone else camping?

fcallagy

Feb 26, 2005
Sligo north west ireland
I will be driving down on the friday from Pembroke ferry arriving in pembroke at 3 or 4 i think and then heading for chepstow. Probably arriving 7 or 8 in the evening. I was planning to camp in the van at the nearest campsite Devils view or something like that and am hoping I will remember the way when i get there. I can give a lift to anyone else that wants it at those times. Where are others planning to stay campsite wise? I know there is another one with better facilities but its a bit further away and showers in the ndc i think anyway.

OP
OP
samdive

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Cornwall (and a bit of Chepstow)
www.samamps.com
There aren't really showers in the NDAC - there is one, secret, shower that is in the ladies' loos and we can get away with a few people using - but we can't promise everyone a shower as it's not really a public one.

They still don't have mains water at NDAC which is why it's limited - so I'd recommend staying at a campsite that DOES have showers. There are some around, hopefully someone can post details

Sam

fcallagy

Feb 26, 2005
Sligo north west ireland
Ferry is landing at 12.30 on Friday so guess leaving Pembroke at 1-1.30ish and will probably head straight to Chepstow. Hopefully be there at 4ish at the lateset. Anyone else heading to the devils campsite on Friday or elsewhere?

timm

Feb 2, 2006
Sam, What time does it all start on Saturday?

I have stayed at a camp site about 5 / 10 mins drive away, I think ts the cheap wild one on sams site.

Where to Stay

There is grass and a field to pictch a tent, not much else but some nice views over a valley.

Reckon I might be living it up in the lap of luxury in a B&B.

See you guys there!

Tim

Morg

Georgian Bay Freediver
Jan 14, 2006
Parry Sound, ON
Feargus, Alix and I are definatly camping. We are just need to sort out a lift now. Are you camping as well? If so is it possible to get a lift?

fcallagy

Feb 26, 2005
Sligo north west ireland
Nay bother with the lift man. I will pm you with my number laterso we can meet up but I am guessing I will be the only Irish reg, white transit with fireplaces and stoves on it so I should be visible enough.

jayhem

Jun 20, 2005
London
jayhempix.com
Is there anyone with a free space in the car going from London? Happy to share cost of petrol....

Any tips about accommodation would be welcome too. :)

JM

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2019 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Spearfishing and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT