• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Double Dip Accomodation and Transport

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Please post here if you are looking for someone to share room/campsite/transport with for the comp -I know a few people are.

Dave and I are staying at the Blacksmiths Arms

Sam

Hey,

Alix (alix.leclerc) and I are planning on coming down. We will be coming from Brighton and might travel by train or coach, or a mix of both.

Our current idea is to camp but not sure how it will all turn out. Is anyone else camping?

I will be driving down on the friday from Pembroke ferry arriving in pembroke at 3 or 4 i think and then heading for chepstow. Probably arriving 7 or 8 in the evening. I was planning to camp in the van at the nearest campsite Devils view or something like that and am hoping I will remember the way when i get there. I can give a lift to anyone else that wants it at those times. Where are others planning to stay campsite wise? I know there is another one with better facilities but its a bit further away and showers in the ndc i think anyway.

There aren't really showers in the NDAC - there is one, secret, shower that is in the ladies' loos and we can get away with a few people using - but we can't promise everyone a shower as it's not really a public one.

They still don't have mains water at NDAC which is why it's limited - so I'd recommend staying at a campsite that DOES have showers. There are some around, hopefully someone can post details

Sam

Maybe i,ll just stay smelly for the weekend. At least I,ll have room for myself on the boat back as no one will sit near me

Ferry is landing at 12.30 on Friday so guess leaving Pembroke at 1-1.30ish and will probably head straight to Chepstow. Hopefully be there at 4ish at the lateset. Anyone else heading to the devils campsite on Friday or elsewhere?

Alix and myself may be headed to a camp site on Friday. Not sure which site is closer.

Sam, What time does it all start on Saturday?

I have stayed at a camp site about 5 / 10 mins drive away, I think ts the cheap wild one on sams site.

Where to Stay

There is grass and a field to pictch a tent, not much else but some nice views over a valley.

Reckon I might be living it up in the lap of luxury in a B&B.

See you guys there!

Tim

off the top of my head, you'll need to be at NDAC for 9.30 but Laura and I need to do some planning now we have a final in list - I'll mail you all soon!

Morg did ye make any decisions yet or anyone else camping thats also going?

Feargus, Alix and I are definatly camping. We are just need to sort out a lift now. Are you camping as well? If so is it possible to get a lift?

Nay bother with the lift man. I will pm you with my number laterso we can meet up but I am guessing I will be the only Irish reg, white transit with fireplaces and stoves on it so I should be visible enough.

Is there anyone with a free space in the car going from London? Happy to share cost of petrol....

Any tips about accommodation would be welcome too. :)

JM

jm - loads of accomodation info on
Where to Stay

we're staying at the Blacksmiths Arms - £35 per night B and B for a double room - v cheap, basic but bearable

S

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT