• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Double Dip FAQS

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
If you've got any questions on Double Dip, post em here!

I've got one about Lanyards. I was just reading over the AIDA rules on it.

I don't have one but I was looking at making one. Not sure how it will actually turn out. Any advice on this?

Thanks,
Morg

Yep... buy one. Far far easier, Sam will have some for sale.

They get heavily scrutinised at some comps and sometimes judges with big arms try and rip them apart.

In any case it's not just a lanyard to pull up a 70-90kg person, it's the 70-90kg plus all the water resistance plus it's going to get a hell of a jolt when the counterbalance catches up to the lanyard.

Cheers,
Ben

£35 and yes we have a small amount for sale - best to pre-order!

MEDICALS - MUST be signed by a doctor to say you are fit to dive in the past 12 months - there is no self certification for competitions

Sorry - its AIDA Rules

Sam

Just a reminder that according to AIDA Rules you need to bring with you:

Passport
Medical - signed by a doctor
Lanyard

Feargus - did you join the BFA yet?

These will be checked at the briefing

Thanks

Sam

Hi Sam yeah my name is back up on the site now dont know what the hold up was but i am there in name anyway. Sam will i need the bfa card or is the fact that its on the web enough? I e-mailed martyn about it but not sure if the card will be out in time next week. He was away the past few weeks.I am heading for the ferry on Thursday night to catch it Friday morning.

That's fine as it is, no need for the card

see you Friday - if you get there early, we'll probably be at the dive centre so call in

S

Two questions Sam:

1) Will the floods affect the comp?

2) At the briefing can we all have access to a no-fins tag with the band around it so we know what to do with it once we grab it from the bottom?

Cheers,
Ben

1) yes, you all have to dive 5m deeper (true answer - not as far as I know, I've asked Darren but not heard back yet)

2) yes, its just a wrist sized loop of bungee but you can try it

apparently this is Saturday's weather at Chepstow

anyone got any idea what this means???? other than - a bit of everything???

Bring the waterproofs.... :confused:

Attachments

• 10.gif
    10.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 217
At least you whinging Southerners have all stopped moaning about hose pipe bans ;-)

Global warming ..... bring it on. I've got all the electric on in the house, drive the long way to work and have stopped recycling.

Manchester is sunny!!! Yipppeeeeee

apparently this is Saturday's weather at Chepstow

anyone got any idea what this means???? other than - a bit of everything???

Bring the waterproofs.... :confused:
Yeah, it could be anything! We are still too far away to know, but a heatwave appears unlikely. And I won't be going up to Tewkesbury this weekend - at least I shouldn't have to explain to anyone ever again where Tewkesbury is!

Just leaving for Chepstow - so I won't be online for the next few days

If you've got any questions about the comp - please call or text me

S

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT