• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Double Dip Photos

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hey Sam...

The photos are great!... thanks again for a brilliant weekend and count me in for August...

Cheers
Brian x

Very well done Mr H..... :)

And well done to everyone else too, sounds like it was a blast

folks - your rankings have been added to the AIDA database
AIDA Freediving Results Register

Jay - you are number 35 in the world!

also interesting - chepstow is repeatedly appearing alongside dahab, cayman and kona as a place where top results are scored!! just think what you lot could do in warmer climes!

Last edited:
Thanks Donna. Great photos Sam, although I've only seen the Flickr ones so far. Laura Storm has some good Angel ones, also on Flickr. Hopefully Flavia will be able to give us a link to her underwater set as well.

What an official-top weekend, eh? It was great meeting those of you I haven't met before - Ross, Brian, Stuart, John to name but four....and also to see the return of older familiar faces like Haydn. Every year Double-Dip gets better. OK, we had a few showers on Saturday, but the weather was generally kind to us. Everyone who helped out put in 100%, and made the whole thing go like clockwork. An organisational masterpiece. Also a great boost for British Freediving, along with the Brockwell and Camberwell pool competitions.

As with many competitions, you so often want to get your performances over and done with ( cleanly! ), and then wish you could go back and do them again.

Well done everyone - athletes as well. No blackouts or tantrums, and happy faces all-round. A great comp for Benny and Penny to finish off with in the UK as well, although I have a feeling they'll try to make it back here again someday.

Last but not least, what an amazing world record! The official results going on the AIDA web page on the day after the competition. I must be dreaming....:blackeye

Everyone - thanks for such a great weekend - the photos really help re-capture the spirit! Rain or sunshine it mattered not. Looking forward to our next meet!

Stuart

Magnificent. Good year so far. When are we putting our bid in to host the worlds?

Well done everybody.

TTFN

mmm need to take some dynamite to the bottom of the quarry first...

or just assume everyone will do a lot less in cold water!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT