• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Double Dip Results

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Final results are now up:

SaltFree Double Dip 28 29 July 07 - The Results

thanks everyone for a great weekend - next meet is 18/19 August, next course is 18/19 August (2 Star)

Next comp is, probably, July 08

Next party is soon

S
xx

PS Send me your photos and we'll get them up somewhere!

Thanks for a brilliant weekend Sam, you're an organisational Goddess (and so is Dave)!

Thanks also to Angels, safety guys and girls, judges, timers, photographers, rope monitors, gophers, seal feeders and everyone else involved, including the uber-cool athletes!

And well done to Mark and Sara... kicking ass!

Cheerio,
Ben

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Alix and I had a blast. We both set new PBs and gained a lot of good contacts for further training.

Sam - Thanks for organizing such an awesome weekend. I am very glad that I came. I am hoping to come back some time in the near future. Hopefully with some issues sorted out as well :).

Ben - Thanks Ben for the lift back to London and showing me around England / Wales. I seen some neat areas I wouldn't have seen otherwise. Congrats on your dives as well! You did some very deep dives. Set any PBs?

Feargus - Thanks for picking Alix and I up at the Trainstation and trainsporting us around all weekend. I hope your journey back home went smoothly.

A huge thanks to everyone for such a great weekend. I don't think Benny missed anyone off the list, so I won't repeat his words. Big pats on the back all round, as everyone got on well together, and proved what serious fun competitive freediving can be. Hope everyone made it home safely, and look forward to meeting up again next year.....if not before!

Had a great day on saturday, shame I couldn't make it Sunday..

When are the photos going on display

lammy

Morg - was a pleasure, don't mention it, hope you guys got back to Brighton ok.
I was pretty happy with my dives - ears and legs held out ok though i'm stiff and sore today! The Constant Weight was my deepest in the quarry and my deepest since Egypt last year, and the no-fins was a PB by 2m so yep, smiles all round :D

Cheerio,
Ben

ps. Sam did you get our Sunday photos or just the Saturday ones?

Big thank you to you Sam for organizing such a great competition! It really was a perfect place to do my newbie debut :) and I enjoyed the whole weekend very much.

Thanks to all involved, see you there next year!

Anna

PS: I think someone should send pictures of the seals off to the London Zoo, I bet we have found a previously unidentified species - the-choclate-eating-quarry-seal...

PS: I think someone should send pictures of the seals off to the London Zoo, I bet we have found a previously unidentified species - the-choclate-eating-quarry-seal...

Especially the one with the bright yellow head. I am sure that is a new species rofl .

I think there will be some very good photos available soon. JM said he will put some on Picasso, and I believe Laura Storm's will appear on Flickr. Ark, ark.

Was an awesome event and weekend, thanks so much Sam, Laura and everyone else.

Tim

Congrats to the winners and it sounds like lots of fun was had by all so a big congrats to Sam & Laura.

We'll get a news post up for you guys.

the chocolate-eating-quarry seals also appear on video - as soon as I work out how to use U Tube they'll be up!!

thanks everyone, I have been asleep in the sun most of today and am still not making a whole lot of sense but one thing I can say for sure is that this was the best SaltFree comp so far - and we will definitely do it again next year!

xx

?? Dave is an organisational 'Goddess' ????? I knew there was something funny about Mr 'Do It Dave'.

Yeah same sentiments - Sam and Laura and all your merry men and women, you are all miracle workers. Thanks to you all for making the weekend so easy for us 'athletes'. We all had a great time in the green for some lovely dives and didn't have to worry about a thing all weekend (except our own mental or physical malfunctions of course)!

Big Cheers to everyone.

Liv :)

Delighted you all had great time. Big up to The Angels and their brand of magic!

Pix are on my Flickr site guys 'n' dolls. More to come but I'm chasing a man about a shark right now :D. If you'd like the link to my pix, let me know and I'll send it to you. Feel free to leave comments, download any of yourselves but if they're used for commercial purposes, go to print, end up in mags, front page tabloids I need the Laura Storm name on them and some notes silver lining my pocket.

'till next time
x

:D ... ah yes, as my inbox is filling up with groovy comments I should explain. The captions I've used are from my lastest Angel's Team rock mix so if you want the full effect of light, sound, motion you need to plug into the tune in question which I'm not supplying but iTunes no doubt will and then enjoy the slideshow:

Take A Breath - David Gilmour
Rewind - Stereophonics
How To Save A Life - The Fray
People Help The People - Cherry Ghost
Supermassive Black Hole - Muse
Halo - Porcupine Tree
Club Foot - Kasabian
Breathe - Prodigy
Rapture Of The Deep - Deep Purple (lyrics are the current captions on my pix)
Harder To Breathe - Maroon 5
Underwater - Vertical Horizon
Angel - Massive Attack

x

Great photos Laura. They look absolutly amazing.

Sorry I don't have Flickr, if I did I would post some coments.

I swear to God I had my mouth closed when I kissed Dave!

Can't vouch for his mouth though...

Lads and Lasses, thanks to all for a great weekend I got yesterday in sweltering sun and sneaked in a salty dive in Mullaghmore with the brother before heading home. Had a real blast at the comp and learnt loads which I hope I will remember at future comps. Slept like a baby on the ferry and woke up in Ireland. Thanks to all for the encouragement and support and big thanks to Sam and Dave for a really great comp. i didn,t get to thank you both in person as I though ye were coming to the Boat again. Great to finally put some faces on the db names like Dave, Dave and Dave for instance. Photos look great. No problem with the lifts Morg it would have been a long walk to the campsite, great to meet you and Alix.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT