• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DPV - which one to buy?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DPV to buy?

• Scubapro Sea Glider

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Seadoo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dacor

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
Diver Propulsion Vehicle (scooter)

I am thinking about buying the man a DPV for Xmas.... it's a nice toy? Which one would you recommend?

Last edited:
Sara, take a look at this link:

[ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?p=460597#post460597"]DPV's[/ame]

Adrian

Thanks for the explanation. I guessed the D was for diver but the P and the V got me stumped. I could only think of male and female genitalia. Sorry. I've had too much to drink, I'd better quit now in case the weather's Ok for a dive in the morning. And, in answer to your question, wouldn't have a clue. Glad to be of assistance. Poida

my little bro uses a Seadoo for snorkling (that lazy little punk) and he swears by it.
my diving instructor back in kuwait highly recommended the dacor line of models because they are rugged and durable, and because spare parts/add-ons are easier to find

Sorry. I've had too much to drink

lol. wish i could say the same! i found out yesterday that i have only 12 more weeks on this island... upon which during my last one I plan to get rat-arsed! And insult the boss and claim inebriation afterwards. :D

From the three that you listed I would get the Dacor Seasprint. My father-in-law has a Gavin and it really kicks A$$! Of course, it costs a lot more than my Seasprint, but that's all I could afford.

Jon

Apollo AV1

I would strongly not recommend the Seadoo, I've taught some DPV courses using these and found them to be underpowered.

If you are only looking at recreational depths then I would recommend Apollo AV1's, I own two of these and find them to be far superior to the Seadoo's and with a 50m depth rating a lot more flexible.

Ian

Thanks for the advice... it's funny, the the name of the Seadoo is not really a positive "marketing" name.

Seadoo - rather like doggie-doo. Doesn't inspire safety, or any thoughts of speed.

I have used the Dacor ones when i worked in Grand Cayman, although there were constant problems with them. Perhaps that was due to customer abuse though.

looked up Gavin Scooters
HTML:
http://www.gavinscooters.com/index.html

gee, who's the hunk? :) :)
there pricing is a little out of my league but if i could afford one.... they aren't made for the masses and are probably more technically sound than your average commercial scooter.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT