• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dream job - become a (paid) tourist on a great barrier reef island

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeepThought

Freediving Sloth
Sep 8, 2002
They are willing to pay 150,000AUD (100k~ US$) for a 6 months stay that includes fishing, diving, snorkeling and running a blog about it.
The Best Job In The World
Seems like a dream job for many people on this forum.
Anyone is thinking of applying?

The water is actually clear there too, what's the fun in that. It takes all the mystery out of it. I'll stick to Alaskan waters thanks.

Yeah, and you dont get to look like a walrus with icicles hanging down from your nostrils when you come out of the water. :)

Call me a sceptic but it sounds too good to be true. There has to be a catch somewhere....

Yeah unfortunately there is a catch, it's all fake.

Yep, fake as fake can be. No need for anyone to apply, absolutely no need at all. None.

Hamilton Island's crap anyway. I wouldn't go there.

Nup.

Yeah unfortunately there is a catch, it's all fake.

Yep, fake as fake can be. No need for anyone to apply, absolutely no need at all. None.

Hamilton Island's crap anyway. I wouldn't go there.

Nup.

I take it BennyB is applying rofl

I went to an island on the barrier reef, it had sand, bird s*** and a weather warning tower. Top diving though :)

There may be World Class reef’s and World Class beach’s but I bet that none of those fancy restaurants have got a clue how to make a world class Pork Pie.roflrofl
Not for me folks Bennyb can have it.:)

it's only a six month job - and it's through the winter..... yup... it's for suckers!

The island is full of stuck up weirdoes and tourist. Everyone i know who worked there went crazy after 3months and left.

Its all parks so NO spearfishing

I just read the interview process and it sounds very Big Brother'ish... video applications, physical challenges, team challenges, apptitude test...

Hmmm.... might need to take my happy pills to get through all that rubbish - there's no way I could pretend to be fun loving, outgoing and happy for all that!

I applied for that "dream" job and managed to get on the shortlist, now just have to pay $5,000 application fee:head:head:head lol

I applied for that "dream" job and managed to get on the shortlist, now just have to pay $5,000 application fee:head:head:head lol

Oh great! :) Let's see your video!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT