• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dreaming of sailing, freediving, fishing and exploring the world’s last pristine waters?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

olliric

Aug 29, 2006
I am looking for a partner/s that has had that dream and thinks that he/she may be ready for it and have the resources to pursue it. Such resources are basically three. Time, money and freedom.
Besides the right partners, to turn the dream into reality a suitable boat is what is needed. After having sailed/cruised half way around the world on monohulls I later switched to the catamaran camp which I think offers the best compromise for tropical belt cruising.
At one point I got close to turn the dream into reality and bought a 320K USD catamaran. No long after, while I was about to outfitting the boat for long range cruising I lost my very good job in the oil industry and decided it was better sell her.
I am now ready to be go back at it but for various reasons I would prefer not do it alone.
The project requires a lifestyle change, devotion and dedication. Long range boats are notoriously high maintenance but properly managed can deliver unforgettable experiences.
The invitation is opened to anybody that may have such dream and the basic resources; experienced skippers/freedivers/fisherman to beginners. The skills part can be learned along the way, I’ll be ready to help in that regard. At the beginning passion and vision are more important.
The cruising area could be anywhere warm as long as pristine waters are not far.
Generating some income to offset the running cost is also a possibility as long as it does not become too demanding.
That dream can be much closer that you think…
Cheers

I am looking for a partner/s that has had that dream and thinks that he/she may be ready for it and have the resources to pursue it. Such resources are basically three. Time, money and freedom.
Besides the right partners, to turn the dream into reality a suitable boat is what is needed. After having sailed/cruised half way around the world on monohulls I later switched to the catamaran camp which I think offers the best compromise for tropical belt cruising.
At one point I got close to turn the dream into reality and bought a 320K USD catamaran. No long after, while I was about to outfitting the boat for long range cruising I lost my very good job in the oil industry and decided it was better sell her.
I am now ready to be go back at it but for various reasons I would prefer not do it alone.
The project requires a lifestyle change, devotion and dedication. Long range boats are notoriously high maintenance but properly managed can deliver unforgettable experiences.
The invitation is opened to anybody that may have such dream and the basic resources; experienced skippers/freedivers/fisherman to beginners. The skills part can be learned along the way, I’ll be ready to help in that regard. At the beginning passion and vision are more important.
The cruising area could be anywhere warm as long as pristine waters are not far.
Generating some income to offset the running cost is also a possibility as long as it does not become too demanding.
That dream can be much closer that you think…
Cheers

Love the sentiment in your post. For the true water babies, or people who always have to be in, on , or around the water it’s the perfect life. It sounds as though you are drawn towards large modern catamarans and I agree they offer a stable platform that can be more comfortable than a monohull, we will not discuss aesthetics here, other than observing that that is one thing they do not offer. I have lived on and dived off of boats for forty years, mostly on the west coast of North America, everything from engineless 27 footers to classic 41 footers, and just want to say it’s a wonderfull way to be on the ocean for long periods of time, it becomes a lifestyle. Believe me folks if you can hop on a boat and wander around the warm beautiful oceans it’s well worth it! Wish you success with this effort, Cheers.

Thanks for your support. Yes, it is a good way to spend you time. Especially if you have someone to do it with. Unfortunately very few people can enbark is such endeavour. Lack of money/free time and personal ties are the killers. I am fortunate enough not to be in such situation but on the other hand I am unfortunate because I have problems finding people like me that can enbark in such projects

Thanks for your support. Yes, it is a good way to spend you time. Especially if you have someone to do it with. Unfortunately very few people can enbark is such endeavour. Lack of money/free time and personal ties are the killers. I am fortunate enough not to be in such situation but on the other hand I am unfortunate because I have problems finding people like me that can enbark in such projects

this post is 10 years to late, apart for a financial situation i have everything else + the curage and the desire to learn new skills !

this post is 10 years to late, apart for a financial situation i have everything else + the curage and the desire to learn new skills !

If you don't have 200 grand then it may be too early. Let me know if the financial part changes. Cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT