• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dubai Spear Fishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jewan

Nov 23, 2006
Hello guys this is Jewan,

i live in dubai, i started spearfishing a year ago, i love it, but i do it from the shower only... i was wondering if there a group or something in Dubai, UAE where i can join and learn from.

waiting for your replyes

Reactions: Deon Strydom
?
From the shower?

I hate to ask....

Welcome to DB :D Plenty of spearos in Dubai!

I'm not sure if I want to know what spearfishing from the shower is,
(You might want to elaborate on [ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54"]Hunting -> Hunting Training, Tips and Techniques[/ame]) ;)
but Welcome to DB :D

come on guys ..... he do spearfishing from the SHORE!!!

Sarah.... you can aske me any time!!!!!:wave

Wow
I’m really happy that a spelling mistake made you reply :D

On Friday morning I went spear fishing next to Sheraton Jumairah, I saw a lot of big hamours... I got one only... the rest, my spear couldn’t go through them!!! So today I’ll drop my spears to my welder in my company to sharp them… anyway…
Thanks Sanso for the link...
Sanadw… nice pictures you have man… keep up

Jewan,
A piece of advice, if the hamours are big, dont try and shhot them in the head/skull, try and position your shot behind the gills and up into the brain or if you plan to shoot from above, imagine a target to be 3-5 cm behing the eyes, on the top of the head (in an imaginary line between the eyes, but back 3-5 cm), and with an angle back to the gills, you get better penetration that way and you also stone the fish pretty good..

Jewan said:
Wow
I’m really happy that a spelling mistake made you reply :D

On Friday morning I went spear fishing next to Sheraton Jumairah, I saw a lot of big hamours... I got one only... the rest, my spear couldn’t go through them!!! So today I’ll drop my spears to my welder in my company to sharp them… anyway…
Thanks Sanso for the link...
Sanadw… nice pictures you have man… keep up

i saw you!!!!!!! you were the guys on scuba... three of you?

hahahahahahah hhhhhhhhhhhhHHHhhaaAAA u were caught red handed then.
guys scuba/spearfishing looks difficult to me, but it is a fake bravery.

The Killer's me said:
hahahahahahah hhhhhhhhhhhhHHHhhaaAAA u were caught red handed then.
guys scuba/spearfishing looks difficult to me, but it is a fake bravery.

:naughty ...Your totally right man... :naughty

Groupers head is really tough .... one time I shoot a big one with a Try cut spear head..... and it didn't even PENETRATE!!!:confused:

Follow Marwan advice and shoot in the Spine and gills...

I was running on the beach, with my Dad.... saw these guys entering the water (hiding their spearguns) :D and then one gun pointed upwards, i couldnt believe it and actually went back to my Dad and complained...

Jewan... you are in soooooooo much trouble rofl

rofl Oops... it was us

and i saw you to and we were not hiding anything !!! even the police came to us and said hi...

anyway... beleive it or not.. it was my first time... and i hated it... my brother and his friend are into it... i didn't enjoy it cause i had a new suit 5mm and i lost my buoyancy... i had to cary a rock down there..then something went wrong with my BCD.. it shoot me up.. and couldn't fix it.. lol

Marwan and Sanadw, thanks for the advice... i'll keep that in mind... by the way that area is full of big hamour... for me big hamour is 45cm..LOL...

this Thursday we are going at night fishing with spears.."not spear guns".we call it "nizah or rom7"

island_Sand why did you complain to your father?

rofl rofl

i complained to my father because i couldnt believe you guys were actually using SCUBA.... it doesnt give the fish much of a chance if you are not holding your breath :)

rofl small world isnt' it? who would have thought that a person i see on the beach in the morning is a member of Deeperblue. :D

new 5mm suit eh? must have been a bit buoyant, perhaps you will enjoy it more next time.

Reactions: Almostafish
yeah 5mm suits r always like that:head ...ask me about it. i officially quite SCUBA because of the buoyancy control shit with a 5mm.:confused:
nowadays, a 3mm closed cell is doing crazy, especially when u try to put it on without soup:head rofl

cheerzzz

without soup ??? rofl rofl

I hope you mean soap or i will really start to get hungry rofl ;)

xxxxx just teasin' xxxxx

guys we need spelling service on this site :p

this weekend i'm going camping in Oman and spear fishing some place there... "shhhh- keep it down" i'm sure some of you know... were people camp...
no scuba this time..

does anyone here take the risk of spearfishing in Oman?:naughty

island_sands said:
without soup ??? rofl rofl

I hope you mean soap or i will really start to get hungry rofl ;)

xxxxx just teasin' xxxxx

ooops i meant the soup of the soap lol :martial

hello everyone,
I just stumbpled across this forum. I used to live in Dubai for 18 yrs before starting uni and was in the sea pretty much everyday swimming/freediving/spearfishing. Im going to be back for good on the 23rd of december and hope pick up where i left off.

Nice to find another little community!!

Peace,
Scott

p.s do my boobs look big in this?

WHERE IS THE BOOBS :martial WHERE IS THE BOOBS :martial !!!!!!???????

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT