• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dunedin, New Zealand

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Paul Stenhouse

Mar 2, 2006
Is there anyone who lives down here on the board, besides me? I'm just getting into the diving scene here, and am looking for information. I'm quite looking forward to jumping in the water, as it will be warmer than what I was used to! (Puget Sound in Washington State).

Best Regards,

Paul Stenhouse

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the link. I have looked at it and found that it wasn't well populated. In fact, you'll get something like this when looking at Dunedin town.

Information about this area will be posted as it becomes available.

I'll keep an eye on it, but for now, nothing useful to me. Apparently, only the people on North Island get in the water!

Best Regards,

Paul Stenhouse

I am pretty sure that there is a club either in Christchurch or Dunedin.
I will try and find out more

I have some cousins in NZ maily around Nelson on NE tip of Sth Island and in Nth island one from Nelson told me about some Kings in Marlborough sounds a few months ago. if your Going there take a warm wetsuit and some woolie clothes or polar fleece for out of the water certainly not tropical there.
peter

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the information. I did a shallow solo dive over Easter weekend, and it was quite enjoyable. The local dive club came back to me with an underwhelming response. I don't think anyone dives around here! I'll keep looking though.

Best Regards,

Paul Stenhouse

Hi Paul,

Don't be so sure about that, I have dived a few times in Dunedin its great heaps of fish and so damn easy to shoot its incredible, very different to where I live in warm Brisbane, Australia. I will be there in a few weeks too just for a couple of days.

My brother actually lives there and he does some spearing if you PM me I shall dig out some contact details for him if you are interested.

Cheers

Hi Paul ,
If your ever up in the Marlbourgh sounds feel free to give me a PM if your keen to go out for a dive. We've got a nice spot in the sounds just no one to really dive with.

Andre.

Brett,

I spoke with your brother on the phone last night. Nice fellow with some keen insight and passion for diving here in Dunedin. Hope to meet up with him this weekend. Might just see you there!

Best Regards,

Paul Stenhouse

try fishing.net.nz,theyve got a speros forum there with a lot of members.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT