• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dynamic Practice facts

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BlueIcarus

New-born freediver
Aug 1, 2003
Hi!
It would be interesting to know
what's your dynamic "rythm". I mean...
how many fin cycles (one cycle: one leg push plus another leg push) and seconds does it take you to do 50 m underwater with fins?
Oh, and another question: Do you use long
freediving fins or have you experienced with
shortest (SCUBA) fins with better results?. I can't fin (whole up and down cycle) as I would like as I am too near from the bottom with the long fins.... so considering switching to SCUBA fins.. What do you think?

I can't post no personal data, b/c I'm still finding my own style and experimenting....

Thanks!

For me it takes about 28 undulations and between 35 to 40 seconds for 50 meters. But I use a monofin.
If you can´t fin like you want to move away from the bottom a bit or get your buoyancy right (maybe use some weights). But I don´t think you should switch to scuba fins because they are not as efficient as freedive fins. With them it takes more effort to reach the same distance.

By the way: Rafacuatic says hello from the Açores. We are all in the Açores for Portugese record attempts (www.rumoaoabismo.com).

Hi haaico & Rafacuatic and all the team members :)

Good luck on your triple attempt, Francisco, Simone & Paulo!! Keep us Informed, maybe a post.-journal type; enjoy the sea while we are getting tanned from white office lights !!

Rafacuatic: the guy we met at the pool, which was a good childhood friend, turns to be an urban cyclist, marathoner and yogi, so we talked about apnea and tomorrow we'll go training... maybe we got a new buddy :) (sorry for the off-topic)

Good luck, let Poseidon be with you,

Oscar

hi

Hi Oscar

I found this at F.R.E.E international -Rudi habla algo sobre esto
y me llamo la atencion:

Pool training

Following the above guideline, you can start the pool workout by swimming 25 meters underwater with long fins 5 times, while breathing for 2 minutes before each dive. Then, you can move to swim the same distance but with short fins and the same preparation time for another 5 times. After that, you can then swim the 25 meters but without any fins for 3 times, and then you can swim without fins for another 3 times but this time with only a preparation of 1 minute instead of 2. After that, you should go back down in intensity and finish the session with another 5 sets of 25 meters with long fins and a 2 min prep time. Depending on how easy this training feels to you, you can add more of the difficult sets on the “up” part of the pyramid before starting the “down” part with the easy sets again. One good approach is to repeat the same exact number of drills on the down part as you did on the up part, with only the most difficult of all the skills not being repeated, since this one is considered the “summit” where you turn around. Don’t hesitate to do a lot of the easy sets, since this is where you can improve your style and technique, concentrating on your motions rather that on the difficulty of the swim. What I said above is just an example, your sets should be longer or shorter, depending on your capacity and your goals. How do you determine how long to swim? Remember, start with a distance that is very easy and then move up VERY slowly, keeping it always easy. That's the key.

16x50m - 45 sec. dive time 40-60 sec. surface time... undulation frequency unknown...

yours pat

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT