• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dynamic signatures

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

trux

~~~~~
Dec 9, 2005
I know you all are already pretty fed up with my permanent offers and new features at APNEA.cz, but I simply cannot help myself, and am bringing again another one. I am afraid that if you want me to stop, you'll have to drown me the next time you see me somewhere at a competition.

OK, so this time I developed an automated generator of dynamic signature banners. You simply log into your APNEA.cz account (or create a free one after clicking the "login" button at the bottom of the page), and then access this page:

APNEA.cz - Signature Banner Generator

You can select different modes, and choose the types of ranking, or disciplines that you want to have on your signature (or can leave them out completely). There are some examples here, but there are more options, and if I see there is enough of interest, I can add even much more. I could for example add free choice of colors and forms, aloow adding other personal data, logos and background images, etc.

The word dynamic means that the banner will automatically change each time I update the ranking with new results. Hence the signature will always show the current up-to-date data (even at all your old posts) wikth no action needed.

You can use the banners not only for DB, but also for most other forums, for blogs, Facebook and many other social networks, or you can embed it into your personal web page. By default the page generates the banner in BB code that you simply copy and paste into the signature field in the forum User Profile. Most blogs, and social netowrks support the BB code too, but you can also link to the image URL address instead of using the BB code. Do not hesitate to ask in case of any troubles, questions, or wishes.

I just completed it now, so it is still in experimental stage, and I will likely still make some more modifications and improvements. I'll appreciate any feedback.

Reactions: island_sands
you are usually the man of the kinky sh*it (in the good sense) but this time u exceded urself thx trux

Thanks, Titan :) I added another page listing all activated signatures. So if you want to have yours listed there, it is enough to activate it. You do not need to actually use it in any forum or anywhere else.

APNEA.cz - Gallery of Signatures

The advantage is that the link of the banner will be picked up by search engine spiders, and catalogued in search results. So if you have your own website assigned in the User Profile, it will get a boost at Google, and at other SE. The more external links a website has, the higher it then appears in search results. And links from websites with good ranking and relevant content (such as APNEA.cz) add more weight than just some ordinary link exchange sites, which can in fact harm the visibility of your website.

And if you did not enter any URL of your personal website in the user profile, the banner will point to your competitor profile page (if you have entries in the ranking database), or to your APNEA.cz public profile page (if you are not a competitor), making you better findable in search engines if someone searches your name.

that is the most awesome banner i have seen in ages.

My banner reads very small indeed rofl

Thanks, Sara! Yours is cool too. And informative.

Upon a request, I just added another option - for those who prefer staying in anonymity, but still want to use the banner, it is now possible to replace the real name and surname with the login name you use at APNEA.cz.

Another new option added on request. There are apparently people who'd like to use the signature banner, but do not figure (yet) in the competition ranking, hence no PB's show up. Well, to satisfy them too, I allowed showing the PB's that they can set manually in their User Profile. Of course, since they have to remember to update the values each time they make a new PB, it is not as cool as the PB's from competitions that update in the signatures automatically anytime there are new results, but I hope it will make some of you happy anyway :)

To differentiate between personal unofficial PB's and competition PB's, the unofficial are displayed in gray italic font, and are prefixed with "PB", while the official ones come in dark characters prefixed with "comp."

Ivo - again a great feature from you. Maybe you can do a post to describe all the best features of Apnea.cz - i'll happily sticky the post.

Thanks Stephan! I am just typing it in. I know I promissed you alredy earlier writing something about it, but now I am really already at it :)

Maybe you can do a post to describe all the best features of Apnea.cz. A great feature from you. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT