• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dyneema

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hana Pa'a, Pirate Scuba, and Florida Freedivers come to mind.

If you find someone that carries a larger diameter, short of a rope, lemme know as with my 5 mill gloves, that thin stuff just feels like it gets lost...

sven

I love the stuff. Dyneema has got to be the stongest line that I know. The 2mm stuff is 570 pound test. It comes at a price though. .27 cents a foot from Florida Freedivers. Talk to Cheryl

Aquiles

vectran rope

hello

I am using vectran(Wing Black Vectran)rope for wishbone.
this material is very strong.strength 1.5mm 400kg(about883lbs),2.5mm 800kg(about1766lbs),4mm 1.8t(about3973lbs).impact resistance,abrasion resistance,bending resistance are stronger than dyneema.this rope is sold to replace sswire at racing yacht rigging.cause of the strength,light weight and no expantion.and not so expensive.1.5mm is JPY75/m(about 65cent/3.3ft?) 2.5mm is JPY210/m in Japan.

I am using 2.5mm for wishbone.this rope is a little hard to the touch.like old rope.

so,I think maybe this vectran rope is good for shooting line.

Last edited:
Yuta, do you know of any online distributar of this material?

I think you should be able to find suppliers for vectran advertising in some of the sailing yacht magazines. I think I have seen it there. Unfortunately I have recently been cleaning up around here and threw away a bunch of back issues of magazines just this past week.:head

My my.........1.5mm with 400kg breaking is TOUGH !!!!!!! Even Kevlar can't boast that. I guess my reel capacity has just increased by at least 30%................HOORAAAYY. Now,I just entered the Vectrant website but some of the links did not come out...dumb computer..mine..:head

hello

there are grand swell here like Bali since last week.typhoon is coming.I couldn't test new 5/16" and 9/32" shafts.i had to check the surf and replace my speargun with 7'2" or 6'6" typhoongun:p.and,3,June,there is a feast.fisherman's traditional feast called "harly".we offer a canoe race to god of the sea.for thanks for benefaction of the sea.so,tommorow and the day after tommorow,I have to prepare for it.mmm:(....i'm very busy.

by the way,i ordered vectran 1.5mm and 2.5mm.and I will check the vectran shooting line.because I suggested it first:).

wishbone 2.5mm Wing Black Vectran.
shooting line 1.5mm Wing Black Vectran.

Attachments

• image 36.jpg
    image 36.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT