• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Ear plugs

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

JasonWelbourne

Aug 17, 2004
I can't figure out why, but I keep thinking it would be a good idea to flood my ears with saline before a day of diving and then plug them with ear plugs allowing for no air space. I am thinking that this will prevent the water inside my ears from draining so it will heat up and stay at the same temp, instead of constantly reheating new water.

Is this stupid/suicidal? My brother who is into Scuba had some heavy scrutiny of the idea.

Sounds dangerous, as it would be really difficult to know that you eliminated all air spaces. The guys in Vancouver use a half cotton ball in each ear to keep the water transference down. That reminds me to start doing it again too!
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Doc's Pro Plugs does just what you want. He is a big supporter of free diving, including the AIDA World's in Vancouver. They are great in cold water.
Aloha
Bill

With no air left in the ear it could be quite hard to remove the earplug... OUCH!!!

The cotton thingy sounds ok.

If anyone isn't familiar with the product, there is a hole in them.
Aloha
Bill

Bill - I am trying to get a pair of these pro plugs but the distributor in the UK doesn't seem to be operating anymore - do you know where else I can go to get them?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT