• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Ear Popping

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

tucunare

Jun 21, 2005
I have never had a problem with releasing presuure on my ears as I dive down. However, I have a friend that is starting to dive deeper as he progresses but he is unable to regularize the pressure ( i call it ear popping) I suggested he plug his nose and exert pressure until it pops. (which he tried) it then occurred to me maybe that it is not safe. What is the correct method for someone who has difficulty popping their ears? For about three days his ear has been sore and has lots of reverb. He has tried drying it with alcohol to no avail. He is getting frustrated because this is happening almost everytime he goes fishing. Help Please.

it has to do with the depth, as you freedive (unlike scuba) the deeper you go the harder to equalize, check out the freediving forum, i think there are several techniques to train for it, like empty lung and so forth, check the other forum to know more about it as well as safety do's and dont's
cheers and be safe

i cant say much.but

he deffenetly needs a brake form diving.

I have this problem with ears becuse i have a "cold" allways (i mean this shit coming out ot your nose,lol)

so now i always clean my nose and use spray bafore diving (so this shit doesnt come out again LOL!!!)

and when its very hard, come up a bit (so the pressure get softer) and then try!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT