• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Elios Neoflex Nylon

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kociubin

Aug 19, 2019
I've been eyeing the Elios Neoflex Nylon wetsuit. LINK. The price is significantly lower than their other wetsuits which is what makes it attractive.

Does anyone know what tradeoffs they had to make to get this wetsuit to this pricepoint?
Does anyone have any experience with this wetsuit?

It's down to Elios Neoflex Nylon or PoloSub for me but PoloSub is much more expensive.

Reactions: Mr. X
Eliossub & Polosub are both excellent. I've been using my made-to-measure Eliossub suit for about 13 years and I still love it. I bought a new camo wetsuit a couple of years ago but usually wear my black Elios suit instead, it is like an old friend or favourite, warm comfy jumper :)

BTW I chose the cheapest 5mm open cell neoprene that Elios sold at that time, Ecoline, after asking Elios if it was ok for spearing. They said yes, you don't need anything fancier for spearing, the fancier neoprenes were stiffer and intended for Scuba divers spending extended periods at depth, where compression of soft neoprenes would reduce it's insulating properties.

I also asked about knee and elbow pads, he said unnecessary with Ecoline's tough nylon outer.

Their advice was good and accurate, as time has proven.

Btw get it made to measure and measure carefully - turned out to be a great decision for me, even though my weight has fluctuated, because it is made to my proportions.

Last edited:
FYI Ecoline, is far less stretchy than the neoprene used in many modern off-the-shelf suits. Consequently it is warmer in my experience (my 5mm Ecoline suit feels warmer and more comfortable than my stretchy 5.5mm camo suit) but it means a good fit is important, hence my advice to get it made-to-measure. ;)

Btw I too like the look of polosubs range, which seems more varied but I can't see why they are so much more expensive. I can't fault Elios, so why pay more?

BTW I chose the cheapest 5mm open cell neoprene that Elios sold at that time, Ecoline, after asking Elios if it was ok for spearing. They said yes, you don't need anything fancier for spearing, the fancier neoprenes were stiffer and intended for Scuba divers spending extended periods at depth, where compression of soft neoprenes would reduce it's insulating properties.

I also asked about knee and elbow pads, he said unnecessary with Ecoline's tough nylon outer.

Their advice was good and accurate, as time has proven.

Btw get it made to measure and measure carefully - turned out to be a great decision for me, even though my weight has fluctuated, because it is made to my proportions.

Good advice. Thank you.

I'm definitely getting it custom made. Seems like a no-brainer for $30 more.

Reactions: Mr. X
It's surprising... I thought PoloSub was supposed to be the cheaper option. But an entry level Polosub (lined open cell 204 euro + long johns 30 euro + 100 euro shipping) is still ~$50 more expensive than an entry level Elios Neoflex Nylon ($209 suit + $15 farmer john + $30 custom + $65 shipping).

It's not a dramatic difference but I think I'll be going with a custom Elios Neoflex Nylon unless people here advise against it.

I'm using Neoflex superstrech, it is very soft and comfortable. But this suit is "soft density", so it is very floatable, it is not ideal for deep dives. If you want a suit for deep dives you should take a medium or high density like Heiwa.

Reactions: kociubin
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT