• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Elios wetsuit review

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

wolf_diver

bubble head!!
Jun 16, 2004
Looking at getting a Elios wetsuit, so many different types of neoprene,linings and features. See quite a few people have them. what do you think and what do you reccomend???

cheers

Jay

I went for the basic, open cell, super soft neoprene in 5mm with a nylon outer. Awesome suit, have never felt cold in it once!

I actually made a thread when I ordered it (I'm sad):

http://forums.deeperblue.com/wetsuits/82691-ordering-suits-elios.html

The only thing I'd recommend is to send them measurements slightly smaller than you actually are to ensure a really snug fit - the neoprene is so stretchy it wont be tight!

Hi Wolf diver, Get in contact with Dave at Spearo.co.uk, you can tell him i sent you He will sort you out with an Elios suit taylor made too. They are the dogs ***

Cheers all will read away, got my vemom apnea from Dave. Will tell him you sent me spearfood.

Cheers all

I have an Elios MTM from Dave.

The suit is fantastic and the best part is I need less weight than my H. Dessault suit.

A great buy.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: podge
I have numerous elios suits - I agree open cell in/nylon out for durability.
I don't think ordering small is a good idea - my suits are all absolutely perfect. And tighter would interfere with breathe-ups and, possibly, circulation.

Reactions: Johny Depth
Was looking to go with the half waist bottoms due to the tightness i have on my chest when breathing up, that or get a breast reduction!!!!!

I think most everybody uses those sorts of bottoms - the keep your kidneys and core warm without messing with your breathing.

Thats what i was thinking too, Well thats the first step sorted.
1) short bottoms
2) knee pads
3) loading Pad
What camo??
What inner...gold?? open cell???
Outer ??? for shore more than boat???
5mm ??? Southern waters!!!! All year round diving.
Any ideas and recommendations

If you do much diving deeper than 20 feet go for Heiwa medium density neoprene. Your weight won't increase so much as you go down. If you do mostly more shallow diving, say between 3 feet and 25 feet then low density, like Yamamoto 45 will be a little bit warmer than the Heiwa.
5ml should be fine. I dive all year round in 5ml Heiwa but if you get cold easy you could get 6ml or get a spare 7ml top for winter. I have a spare 7ml but rarely use it as I'm mostly after scallops in winter and I'm in and out in an hour so don't want to bother with extra weight.
Good luck with it.

Forgot to say, if you get the trousers without shoulder straps you can get out for a piss without taking all your gear off. It can be unpleasant sharing your wetsuit with a pint of cold pee that runs up the back of your neck whenever you dive.:yack roflrofl

There is no right answer to what is the best suit. Depends on who you are and how you use your suit.

I have the best suit I've ever had and I've had a few. It's a MTM Diveskin (Oceanus) made from medium density Heiwa neoprene. It's 5mm thick, cammo nylon outside and black nylon inside except the long johns top half is smooth cell inside. Jacket is hood attached, no zips, with face and wrist seals. Long johns have ankle seals. There's a chest gun loading pad but no knee or elbow pads. Top quality manufacure and service, plus very good price.

For me it's perfectly warm enough for 2 hour uk diving all summer and I have a 2mm vest for beginning and end of season extra warmth. It's very tough which means I can really pull it on and off without lube with no risk of tearing. I often dive 4 or 5 days on the trot and the suit gets a rinse, hang to dry and chucked in the van ready to go.

I expect this suit to go 4 to 5 years before I replace it. I even have used it for scuba all last summer.

Like I say, horses for courses.

Dave.

There is no right answer to what is the best suit. Depends on who you are and how you use your suit.

I have the best suit I've ever had and I've had a few. It's a MTM Diveskin (Oceanus) made from medium density Heiwa neoprene. It's 5mm thick, cammo nylon outside and black nylon inside except the long johns top half is smooth cell inside. Jacket is hood attached, no zips, with face and wrist seals. Long johns have ankle seals. There's a chest gun loading pad but no knee or elbow pads. Top quality manufacure and service, plus very good price.

For me it's perfectly warm enough for 2 hour uk diving all summer and I have a 2mm vest for beginning and end of season extra warmth. It's very tough which means I can really pull it on and off without lube with no risk of tearing. I often dive 4 or 5 days on the trot and the suit gets a rinse, hang to dry and chucked in the van ready to go.

I expect this suit to go 4 to 5 years before I replace it. I even have used it for scuba all last summer.

Like I say, horses for courses.

Dave.

Great post Dave. It answered many of my questions I was goint to ask. My camo Elios is now at the end of its days and will be put out to its leaky pasture as soon as enough golden coins have dropped in my jar.

Do you know where Oceanos is in the U.S as I'm over in August and wondered if by any chance they were in range for my stay?

Tribs

They are in Greece mate! they just deal in $s for some reason?

They are in Greece mate! they just deal in for some reason?
roflroflroflBit out of range then from Disney world. Cheers FoxFish.

Does anyone know if they have a range of different camo types as the website is a little basic?:confused:

Tribs

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT