• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Episode 2

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mishu1984

Halla Waaaaallllaaa
Aug 15, 2002
A few weeks ago i posted a video
Here is Episode 2

Hope you enjoy

ps. any tips on stoping the camera housing from fogging up would be highly appreaciated

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0R_qIBNRDM]YouTube - MMS Spearfishing March 6.wmv[/ame]

Reactions: agbiv and podge
Nice vid. Are you using the small pack of silica gel inside the housing to absorb water and stop the fogging? If not maybe that's the problem. If you are maybe the gel is used up as it has absorbed too much water already and you need to change it. I have heard that you can dry out the gel but not sure.

Dave.

I havent been using silica gel. im going to start doing that.
also ive noticed that i have to pay attention to make sure the sun isnt behind me, and make sure that i get everything in frame. hopefully il get things better next video

cool video. i like seeing that stuf from other places, everything looks so different. you guys have alot of those big round coral heads sitting in sand , kindof like we do here in florida, but the water looks different, greener, but the vis was good. is the vis good there often? i watched one of your other videos of the kuwait speari. team at what looks like an old oil rig? do you guys have a bunch of oil rigs to spear on? thats really cool. thanks for sharing

ps. any tips on stoping the camera housing from fogging up would be highly appreaciated

not sure but my camera after using it for a year suddenly fogged up for the first time a couple trips ago, will check the silica gel

Do you add flotation to your gun to off set the camera? it looks like your gun floats fine with the camera attached

jtk: yes we have a lot of corals, and even more oil rigs.

ny_er: i havent done any changes to gun after adding the camera housing.

Podge: its on! its on like frikken donkey kong! wait till this summer buddy. so far the score for 2010:
Barracuda:1, Me:0

Reactions: jtkwest
jtk: yes we have a lot of corals, and even more oil rigs.

ny_er: i havent done any changes to gun after adding the camera housing.

Podge: its on! its on like frikken donkey kong! wait till this summer buddy. so far the score for 2010:
Barracuda:1, Me:0

is kuwait a good place to visit to spear?,(in terms of safety for us citisens) terrorism and all that. i know we are at the top of the list of hated countries, especially in that region. but the diving looks awesome! are these areas accessible to tourists? (oil rigs reefs)

Last edited:
you can dry out silica crystals by putting them in the oven for a few minutes. Also, check that your camera is not focussing on the end of your gun - i think it might be?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT