• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Equalisation problem when upside down.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Sangmin

Mar 4, 2019
Hello, folks.

It's been about 3 months since I have started freediving and currently working on PADI Level 2 courses.

Since noticed I am the only one who cannot perform proper equalisation when my head is downside among my diving team, tried hard to figure out the reason and managed to learn Frenzel maneuver. Sadly I could feel Frenzel method is much easier way of equalisation comparing to Valsalva, the problem still remains.

That was very dissappointing because I belived that learning Frenzel method would solve my problem. Perhaps I need more practice?

I managed to find some threads from deeperblue site. However the thread is almost closed now and no more feedback. But I was very because the guy who started the thread had exactly same as me. This is why I joined and post this thread.

Have you seen people who have similar problem as mine?

I cannot perform equalisation even on land when my head is downside.

I am not expecting any solution for me but want to listen any kind of advices.

Many thanks :)

Your soft palate is involuntarily closing when you dive head down. If practicing dry add some stress--ie bang out 50 rapid Frenzels when in the last minute of your hardest static table, and also look up the Fattah Frenzel pdf. You want to learn to consciously uncouple the soft palate from the soft palate.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT