• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Equipment care when sea-diving multiple days in a row

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Of course I thought of using my gun or lionfishspear as drying rack. Here a traditional gun would be better than an invert roller though as the invert has many parts that create pressure points. But now in the summer drying appears to be not much of a problem. Shade seems to be the biggest issue now. But a simple wipe with a small towel or a shirt decreases drying time by so much that even the sun's uv won't have enough time to do damage.
Perhaps I restart this thread when winter comes...

*** prepare yourselves, i am going off topic *** We have this "currency" nowadays...
Please, continue. A good off topic is a welcome off topic! And imo an subject that should be discussed more often.

Yeah everything is measured in financial wealth nowadays. It was already weird 25 years ago when the best soccer players would be the 'best performing humans', but it now got completely ridiculous with 8 year old youtubers and tiktokwhatevers who earn millions. 'Earn'??!! Did I say that?! I mean 'get', cause they definitely didn't earn it.
But real life skills will never lose value. Because no matter how much make-up we put on the pig that is society, we remain primitive in the core. Just an hour ago I had an argument with some driver who cut me off and almost hit me on my bike. It was a mean looking local, but I run, cycle, climb, dive, am used to violence and death, in short I know what hurt feels like. I think he understood. :)

And for the food-independence, well, going the whole circus to get your food by paying for it with the money you got for typing or whatever sensless activity, takes way more time, is far less enjoyable and doesn't teach quite as much as diving for fish, climbing trees for fruits, caring for plants and trading with neighbours.

Complete independence is still a long way from here for me though.

I often wonder. Money isn't necessarily bad, it's weightless money that promotes the infinite greed. What if money was designed in such a way that it had to flow. That it for example would degrade if it was sitting unused, that way forcing it to be the 'middle man' of goods-trading. Where would society be now? The biggest inventions were made before the digital era. Ever since digital money we're stuck in this loop of infinite iterations of the same thing. We're currently going nowhere but we're still using up all the resources. Your fancy car still has four wheels, just saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiveHacker
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT