• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Erik"s Birthday

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

icarus pacific

Human-in-training
Nov 7, 2001
The Secretary of Sanguine, the Guru of the Group Hug and the Director of Divine Direction, not to mention being the Manager of Matrimony, our very own, ERIK is having a birthday, whether he likes it or not. :king

Let's all lob the guy some best wishes, karma and general love, because if you know this guy, it will all come back to you big time.

Enjoy it amigo! :cool:

Reactions: Erik
Happy birthday Amigo.

Hope this year brings you to new lows- in a good way!;)

Jon

Didn't we go through this already sometime around now last year? Why do you repeat and try to confuse us by making us think we are not eternal and subject to cyclical time? Birthdays are totally irrelevant, misleading and a govenment conspiracy. And I'm going to remind you of this every year on DB until you are 7,639,843,912 years old just in case you get too hung up on some curvacious relativity...but it all boils down to "so many lives to enjoy" and so many birthdays too! :)

Happy Birthday Eric!

Adrian

penblwydd hapus! .... as we say here in Wales
pronounced pen-bloo-ith hap-is :)

Happy Birthday Erik !

Hope you aren't celebrating this time by subjecting yourself to several hours of torture........
Nice Tatt though mate ! :D :D

Cheers,
Wal

Erik? Erik who?

Ohhhhh, that guy who never loses his temper.....and wishes peace and hope to even the most undeserving wanks? The dancing Hobbes, covered in ink?

Yeah, yeah. Happy birthday to that guy :cool:

Ted

Hey Happy Birthday Erik!

What age is that now? I heard it whispered that it might be relatively ancient! I hope by the time we actually get to dive together, you are still capable? Don't worry... there will be diving prosthetics very soon, to lend you that bit of extra support! Never fear! Stress can be beaten there my good fellow...

Anyhow wish you the best.

Tyler

Erik
It's been a long time now, but when I blew out that many candles, it was the start of the best year in my life. Let me wish you the same.
Aloha
Bill

Ay Eriko!

Happy happy. Hope the winter is abating where you are. Are you coming to Vancouver this spring and summer for all the excitements. The door is open, the ocean only a block away, and more good times to be had in el oceano.

Hope to see you soon. Have a great b'day!

:D

Pete
Vancouver, BC

Many, many thanks to all of you. Sarcasm always appreciated of course ;)
I'm not on the boards as much as I have been in the past if you haven't noticed, but I do read the forums every week or more when I'm near a computer.
It's been a weird year or two, with a lot of changes in my (always interesting) life. Some ups and some downs, but all good as far as I'm considered. I've moved back to Canada and have decided that it's time to get a career in order....I've partied and travelled for the last 20+ years, and mortality and lack of a bank account in the black have caught up with me. Work has kept me away from computers and much of a social life in the last 9 months. I have a great job as an assistant counsellor but am looking at a better situation/career in the next year or so. I'll let you know if I get the gig.
I desperately want to get out to Vancouver/Island for some freediving and fish-whacking, but wont be at any competitions unless the lotery comes through. But getting out there will happen, and there are a few fresh faces to meet yet.
Good diving and good life to all of you,
Erik Young (41 candles by the way)

Reactions: unirdna and BatRay
Happy birthday Erik, and best of wishes! I hope the new job happens, and every good thingy! :D

Have a good one.

Rachel

Yes, congrats on the birthday!

In order to get to know you a little better (have only read your posts) I tried to approach your birthday cake to get a better look, but... the heat drove me back!

41 years... Didn't even know it was possible to get that old! :D

Actually I was working with elderlycare a few years back, and one of them old guys (not implying you are one!) said to me once, at age 85 "You know, when I was 18 I thought those who were 50 years old, where old as hell, but you know.. what I wouldn't give to be 50 again...".

It's all relative.

Hope you will stick around on DB for a while yet! It has been enjoyable reading your posts. :)

Thanks Tommy. Your in Sweden, which reminded me of this story.
Around the time you were born, there was a very popular advertisement made by the Canadian government in an attempt to get the fat masses healthy. It showed a younger Canadian man and an older Swede jogging through a park in typical 70's jogging gear, and the narrator stated that the average 65 year old Swede was in better shape than the average 35 year old Canadian (to that effect).
When I was 26 I remembered that commercial and started training: lifting , martial arts and scubadiving.
When I was 30, I was in a doctor's office where I read an article about a 70 year old who is a pro marathon runner. Every year on his birthday, he runs his age in kilometres. After his 70 km (!) run, he was asked how he felt. The old wag said "I had 30 more kilometres in me, but I'll save them for my 100th birthday".
So I started running too. Haven't stopped since.....except to go diving ;)
Cheers young Swede, hope to dive with you some day,
Erik Y.

Reactions: ivan
Happy Birthday Erik!!!

You also have at least another 50 kilometers in you :D

Inspiring story.

Shane

Happy birthday Erik as I am a bit slow at writing sometimes:duh, just don't take affense to it:D .

I enjoy your advise and reading your posts so keep it up!

Hope your year is starting out good as the ice season is soon coming to an end!!!!

Hope your days going well,
Justin

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT