• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Erik's World Tour continues...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

icarus pacific

Human-in-training
Nov 7, 2001
OK everybody, and this means you!

Our beloved and immensely likable Erik Young, known here and far as Erik, is taking off for parts and places where the local confederations aren't as understanding and humane as where you're at.

From Canada to the Middle East to meet up with his partner, Neeka and on to Indonesia, our numero uno poster and arguably best diver-for-numbers is packing his kit, throwing away his ***** and saying "To Hell with it", and going to teach English in a place that has greens and blues the likes of which you'll never see in a Crayola crayon box. Even the big one.

Please join me in wishing him all the best, thanking him for his time here and understanding that his voice might not be seen and heard here for a bit, and lobbing a little prayer his and Neeka's direction.

Much love and serenity, compadre.

sven

Wot, no computers where you are going Erik ?

I can just see Erik now at an internet Cafe trying to move a Camel out of the way so he can use a computer to check out DB. :D

Thanks Erik for all the entertaining posts and good advice. Keep in touch as we definitely have to dive together if you come to OZ !

I wish you Good luck and good fortune on your travels my friend.

Wal

Just wanted to say, that after hitting the pool a few time with Erik, he's a true gentlemen. Willing to share anything, especially his knowledge. Sorry to see you go my friend, but being by your wife's side is as is should be. Take care Amigo:)

best of luck Erik

If you pass by Thailand on your way to paradise drop by on Koh-Tao. We'll do some dives together.

Carpe Diem,
Ender

I wish you the best.
May you and Neeka have a life that you deserve...

Hope I'll meet you some day.

Bon voyage

Well i guess there's gona be a new indonesia's national record holder :D I wish you all the best and more time under!
Cheers!

Hey, Erik... if you send me snail mail I'll transcribe it onto DeeperBlue for you and print off & send back the replies. Might be a little slower, but I've heard that the pace of life is slower in hotter climates. :)

Best of luck.

Erik, have fun in indonesia, thanks for all that you have shared on deeperblue, and if your ever in southern ontario.. drop me a line

have fun

hi

this is my first post but ive been reading this forum for a year now the reason i haven;t looged in because our email was buggerd until yesterday, id like to say good luck erik i have enjoyed reading your training updates, competition updates and wish you all the best, but hey now your in the tropics you should try spearfishing with your great freediving skills, its sad to see you go and i hope my statics are as good as yours one day.

cheers

Erik,

Best of luck, whilst your going to meet up with one family - you will be missed by your other family (us lot at DB). Check in when you can and I personally hope that our paths cross sometime in the not to distant future!

Hey Erik,
take care.. check in on us once in awhile. best of everything to you and your wife!

Happy diving times.

Fred Johnson

Best of luck with your diving! and life in general!
Wish you all the best!

Aw shucks...

THANKS!
What a decent bunch of people :) I am on my way tonight to Bahrain via London (where Bryan W. might join me at Heathrow for coffee). I'll be in Bahrain for a week or so, then Egypt for 10 days. Then England again for a few days, up to Shetland, then Aberdeen (birthplace), Edinburgh, then London back to Bahrain, on to Jakarta a few days later. In my experience, there are internet cafes EVERYwhere, so don't think that I'm disappearing yet ;)
I appreciate the friendship we all have, and the learning I've experienced through DBlue. Hopefully we can dive together sometime.
I've had to leave my speargun behind, as Bahrain customs will confiscate it, so I'm going to hit up Iyadiver for a good deal in Jakarta....and some hunting tips.
Here goes 30-odd hours of travelling:waterwork
Thanks amigos,
Erik Y.

Reactions: Griff
Hi Erik,

When you come to Aberdeen - if you want - you can come for dinner at our place or even come diving! Give me a call when you are up on ********* or mobile *********

Look forward to hearing from you.

Ben

Admin Note: Tel Numbers have been removed. Never post personal telephone numbers on the internet - use Private Messaging

Last edited by a moderator:
no numbers???

How am I gonna ever get a hold of North Diver's seeester then??rofl

sven DB's "hey!, I workin' here" rep

Eric,

Good luck on all of your future adventures.
Moving to a warm climate with your wife sounds like a dream come true.
Think of us when you hear about hte snow stroms that hit us next winter.
I'll be waiting for you two to open up a freediving/tech diving resort in the coming years.:D

Dive safe,

Jon

Have a nice trip!

Erik, thank you for all of your advice and i wish you the best of luck!

Gabriel

Thanks Gabriel, I'm really interested in the stuff you've been posting.
I looked up your profile, but nada! Let us know a little about you if that's cool....we're all ok here, the freaks don't last too long, so no worries ;)
Warmly,
Erik Y.

A great man

It is a rare thing indeed that a master in a certain area of human performance deigns to talk to "mere mortals". This is the only forum that I have been were people at the top of the latter speak with the newbie’s (in chess, for example, a GM would only talk to another grandmaster). And, to top it off, someone as warm and friendly as Erik is even a rarer find even if he weren’t on the top of the echelon.

Thank you Erik for you kind words. You have a hearth of gold, never change!.

I will put info on my profile. Hope no one falls asleep while reading it!.

I really hope you will stay with us even on your trip!

With admiration:

Gabriel

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT