• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Euro Roller 85 (165)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Awesome Jegwan. Your 85cm gun shoots 5meters! Incredible. What band percentage are you using with the 16mm bands? And do you get low trajectory?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I think they a about 320% now at maximum - it shoots both acurate and with enough power for my needs here in Denmark. I normally use it on 2/3 of full power. The 17,5mm anaconda X bands was to much.
Jégwan

Reactions: lawstraljan16
Thanks. What distance are you getting accurately with the 16mm bands and 320% stretch?

I'm not sure, as I have not pool tested the new setup. I feel confident shooting at targets at a distance of 3-4 meters. I shot mullets at that distance this season :)
Jégwan

Hmmm OK. Im expecting at least 4m accurate shots on my 87cm rollergun, anything less is a failure.

Im worried about low trajectory as this is what ruined my shots on my previous rollergun, hopefully the extra weight helps this out

It does and I'm sure you will succeed. It's always a compromise between power and accuracy (on all types of guns) with regards to what, where and how you hunt.
Jégwan

Reactions: lawstraljan16
Jegwan, this gun is amazing. Would love to see it in action… any chances you can upload the drawings too? I'm curious. and: how does double wishbones ease loading?

What did you use at the bottom of the gun? (Where you attach the bands)

Jegwan, this gun is amazing. Would love to see it in action… any chances you can upload the drawings too? I'm curious. and: how does double wishbones ease loading?

Many thanks :)

I made the double wishbone with two different lengths so it is easier to grab the wishbone with gloves on. It´s as simple as that.

Here's a fast drawing of the gun and rollers:

26c67e14869211e3bab012d2d5e6e25c_8.jpg

Any questions are welcome..

Jégwan

Attachments

• Rollerhjul.jpg
    Rollerhjul.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 229
That is awesome. Thanks.

Will start looking into a new build soon. Trying to get some ideas in. Not sure if itll be an invert or double roller yet!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT