• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Euro Rubbers

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
What diameter rubbers are you talking about?
16-18-19-20-21mm?
The larger the diameter the harder it is to shorten them, you will need to fix one end of the rubber and stretch it by gripping the little piece of rubber sticking out of the end of the ring while sliding the threaded ring down the rubber.
once the ring is in the place you want it to be let the rubber slowly relax and then push the little ball inside the rubber up to the ring.
Do you understand what I am trying to describe?
If all this sounds too hard/dangerous buy some bulk rubber in your diameter of choice and get the stainless euro adaptors http://www.hawaiiskindiver.net/store/default.php from adrenaline spearfishing in Australia or hanapaa in Hawaii and tie your own.

Mine are 16mm, thankyou very much for your reply. Buying bulk adaptors was my next choice, so I will give it a go and if it doesn't work I'll just buy the adaptors.

Any tips on getting a good grip on the bit of rubber sticking out from the ring? I've tried pliers and tying cord around it, but I can't get a good grip.

Thats the problem , most manufacturers grind the exposed bit away so the band can screw into the muzzle/wishbone.
My only advice is to try vise-grip locking pliers get a grip and try and move the ring a little , undo the pliers and get another grip.
sometimes you may be tempted to put some lube on the rubber to make the ring easier to slide down. one word: DON'T.
it will make the rubber slippery and you will hurt yourself.
be careful that rubber is strong and dangerous stuff.
I highly recommend the rubber adaptors I changed over last year and haven't looked back.Cheap rigging all it takes to change the rubbers is about 1 ft of braided nylon cord.
buy a couple metres of 16-18mm rubber and store it in the freezer in a plastic bag and you are set for years.

Ok, I had another good idea. What if I cut the old Euro screw in bit off one end of the rubbers and fit them with bulk rubber bridles, would this work?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT