• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

European/Egypt freediving trip May - recommendations

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Porky Pig

Sep 13, 2016
Hi all,

I am thinking of going freediving for two weeks in mid-may. I will be going on my own, so ideally it would be somewhere where there are lots of other freedivers to hang out with.I live in London, and don't want to travel half way round the world.

It would be great to have your recommendations! Currently the top two contenders are:

(i) Dahab: I really really want to go, but with recent incidents in Egypt, I'm a bit unsure. Does anyone have a view on the terror situation?
(ii) Kalamata: Freediving Club Greece. I don't know much about this - it seems to have good Tripadvisor reviews.

I'm an experienced diver, to the extent that makes a difference to recommendations.

Thanks!

The Sinai peninsula is a bit risky I suppose, but freedivers still go to Dahab. It's the Holy Grail.
Soma Bay, close to Hurghada in Egypt is also worth checking out. There's a cool free diving school called Blue Silence with some very good instructors. Also some nice reefs there and great beaches. There are only 5 hotels of which 4 are luxury, but one is the Breakers, a dive and surf hotel, which is fairly decent and has very reasonable prices.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT