• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

European Power Band

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Cingene

Will Dive for Food
Mar 4, 2003
I am looking for some European power bands for my picasso speargun. Anyone know where to find them in the Oakland California area? Can one make these bands out of the old threaded ends???

Reactions: gitano
I have a bunch of bands sitting around & one pair should fit your needs - PM me the size of your gun & your email address.

:D

BTW, welcome to the boards! Nice family here - though slightly neurotic :hmm

If you're in Berzerkely, head over to Steele's on Telegraph or head into the City and see Sal at Bamboo Reef, Down the Peninsula is Stan's in San Jose.

sven

Sal says " no I have no band na na today". Have to go to SJ tomorrow I guess. Hey Sven! If you guys are going spearfishing (can we still spearfish in California) can I tag along.

Tell Steve, Walt or Tony there at Stan's that I sent ya and you're hooked up.

Spearing in CA is in a grey funk right now with no rockfish being legal off the beach on a board, but if you kick out on a tube it's OK, but then only if it's less than so many feet... I've pretty much decided to look for halibut in the next couple weeks and hold off until July for the rockfish.

But abalone's coming up!

sven

Yeah, no prob. There's a few of us here that get together from time to time and I'll ring you up. I'm hmming and hawing over hosting another AB GRAB in September for the DB types here... stay tuned.

You might want to give a looksee at the local dive shop's boards to find a club over in your area- THAT'S the best easiest and safest way to get the lowdown on the new local areas.

sven

Sven..shall I see Sal at Steele's?
See you soon Sven. Shiao
(having an "s" attack)

Found a way to make the European bands. No need to buy. Thanks anyway Sven.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT