• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Ever Lost Your Gun? :(

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mabster

Aug 14, 2009
Edit!
I found her :D Wyahay!

Afternoon all..

It dawned on me last night that I hadn't seen my gun since I last used it on monday. This was most strange as it either lives in the boot of my car or the bathroom..

Mad search last night, nothing. Deeper search today, visit to last location I spearo'd, call to the police station, Nothing..

I can't believe I have actually misplaced my gun.
There are three possibilities:
. It's for some strange reason at work.
. I left it on the shoreline/or in the bladder wrack I struggled to get through
. It got shifted when the car was loaded up with surfing gear.

I was extremely cold when I came out of the water on Monday, possibly borderline hypothermic so perhaps just forgot about it? It bemuses me though... Bah!
I feel number two is the most likely..

As I've become addicted to this spearo malarky I just ordered another gun from spearo.co.uk. I had the venom apnea 75 before but have gone for a 90 carbon now.
I hope my other one turns up though. The girlfrien says she'll find it in the house.

Last edited:
Reactions: apneaboy
I lose stuff all the time, most the time it turns up.

I end up phoning everyone and asking if i left it with them or lent it.

Never phoned the police though, i'd need a direct line for the amount of times i'd lost my keys :)

One of the places i worked had a couple of us like that and kept losing the keys so they put a massive buoy on the ring so we couldn't accidently put it in our pocket, still managed to lose them.

From one nightmare to another, good luck :)

Reactions: spaghetti
Oh sure, this sh!t is so typical.
My beloved wife once threw my custom wetsuit in the garbage, by mistake ("ooops, so it was your wetsuit in that ill smelling dirt bag....?" :head ).
As for guns, well, I once left a brand new carbon gun (Omer XXV Gold 82) on the beach, along with a pair of carbon fins (Omer Rekord III), and went for a swim. Needless to say that when I got back there were no more gun and no more fins. Thieves! :crutch

In your case:
1) look everywhere
2) ask the local beachlife regulars
3) publish a lost and found announcement on the local newspaper
4) buy new gun :head

Reactions: apneaboy
All at he same spot a mere 3 miles from my house.

Firstly, lost my gabbiano 90 trying to make it out through some surf, not even big surf but enough for me to loose it and be utterly unable to locate it again even with hours of searching.

Next up was an omer alien camo mask and snorkel simply left behind and not noticed until the next time i wanted to go for a dive......so obviously long gone when i returned.Not a gun but spearo kit none the less.

And lastly the bands from gabbiano that detached and disappeared into the swell whilst stringing a bass 2 days ago.May as well have been the whole gun as it's useless now untill i get the parts replaced.

So i feel your pain and hope your gun shows up.

i always loose my dive socks and gloves its becoming an expensive habit at 50 bucks a pair usually i leave them on a log or the ground while im changing at the beach forget to put them in my bag and leave minus my socks and gloves

Well who'd a thought it..
I found my gun!!
After checking my work I went back down to the location I was at on tuesday as it's a low spring just now.

Within a minute of looking I noticed a coil of line sticking out above the rocks, on getting closer an outline red safety catch!

Wayhay! It was just above the high tide mark with the spear covered in some weed.
So psyched about finding her. I was probably premature in ordering my other gun but it can't hurt to have two ;)

Gotta say, it's the saltiest smelling weed I have smelt :) Currently letting it freshen the air in my room.

Wayhay :D
Now I have two guns I suppose I could go for the congers now ;)

Mabs

Reactions: scottwilson
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT