• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Exploring Florida Sinkhole

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Nice vid, gives a feel for what its like diving where you're never sure what will suddendly loom up through the murk.

Was that fresh water? I've never run into jelly fish like that.

Yes, freshwater indeed. It is a rather "remote" place but is in a state forest so some folks walk past it rather frequently. Fortunately a family was out strolling so I was able to hail them and they had service on their phone out there. We Googled "freshwater jellyfish" because I had never seen them before either and my imagination caused a bit of anxiety that they would suddenly mob me en masse and sting my eyes out. They do sting (as do all jellyfish I learned) but they are too small to affect human skin (so far that is the case.) https://nas.er.usgs.gov/queries/factsheet.aspx?SpeciesID=1068
I went back out and sucked a few of them into a water bottle in exchange for the information services of the family so they could show everyone else when they got back home. I want to go back at night and see if they do any kind of bioluminescence thing or not but this place is just remote enough that I know being in the water alone at night there would give me a certifiable case of the giddies.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT