• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

F.I.I. Level 1 Freediving Class Sept 15 & 16

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Whopperhead

Wisconsin Speargun Hunter
Mar 2, 2007
This course will be hosted at Lake Wazee. For more information please email us at info@freedivinginstructors.com or call + 1 954 323 2222 Tell them Scott Otey Sent you!

~ IMPORTANT COURSE INFORMATION ~

All FII courses offer its students the opportunity to become certified to the particular level they are taking. To pass FII courses, students are required to master certain skills and academics taught throughout the course. On becoming certified, students receive a c-card and course certificate.

FII courses are not performance based, through experience we have learned that when the correct skills and academics have been properly mastered the performance follows.

After taking an FII course, students are welcomed into an exclusive online forum where topics such as: freediving training; finding buddies; travel; and FII news are discussed. FII strongly believes in keeping your newly attained information current and offers opportunities for depth and pool training on a regular basis.

F.I.I. EQUIPMENT CHECK LIST REQUIRED FOR COURSES

F.I.I. will supply all of the big equipment for open ocean sessions and pool training. No need to bring floats or rig equipment. Please be sure to bring the items listed below:

Mask - a low volume freediving mask is preferable for all classes
Fins - we highly recommend long blade freediving fins such as the Captain Nemo's by Waterway
Snorkel
Freediving Wetsuit - a 3mm is suitable for year round temperatures in Florida. For other locations please check with your instructor.
Weights - please have some small weights (1-2 lb.) so you can adjust your buoyancy, we have these available for use free of charge
Weight belt- rubber weight belts are preferable for all classes
Depth and/or timing device - your average waterproof watch will work for L1, however a depth gauge is mandatory for L2 & L3

If you require any rental items please contact your instructor in advance to ensure availability.

If you are interested in purchasing items before your class, please feel free to contact us for our preferred equipment list.

BOAT FEES

There are no boat fees for this course.

COURSE HOURS

All courses operate between classroom, pool and boat with normally 1 hour allocated for lunch. A comprehensive course schedule will be sent to you in the form of an electronic bulletin one week before your scheduled course date.

LEVEL 1

Day 1 - 7:45am - 5pm, Introduction to Freediving, Safety & Problem Management, Equipment for L1 Freediver, Basic Physics & Physiology, Correct Breathing Techniques, & Pool Training

Day 2 - 8:30am - 3pm, Open water training, Final Academics

Just additional Info: Other divers are welcome to attend and work on their technique and do some Line Diving! We will be doing this while they are in class.

Attachments

• DSCN6894.jpg
    DSCN6894.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 303
  • DSCN6897.jpg
    DSCN6897.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 299
  • GOPR0590.jpg
    GOPR0590.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 315
  • vlcsnap-2012-07-29-22h11m09s203.jpg
    vlcsnap-2012-07-29-22h11m09s203.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 302
  • vlcsnap-2012-07-29-22h29m45s176.jpg
    vlcsnap-2012-07-29-22h29m45s176.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
I do not. We NEED 4 to make it happen. I knew of 2 that sounded like they were FOR SURE doing it. Plus the dude who was suppose to be in your class I think was going to take it. But I have not heard anything.

Hi Guys,

I'm just starting to get into Freediving and spearfishing...thinking it would be a good idea for me to learn from someone who knows the proper/safe methods. I live in the Milwaukee area and am definitely interested in going to this class.
Actually found this website and the posts about the the 2012 freedive-a-polooza on Sunday night that weekend...was pretty bummed I missed out.

-marc

Followed the link...all signed-up. Though it didn't ask for any payment yet...assuming I will get an email shortly.

Have 3 people signed up for the Class. We/you have until this Saturday to get 2 more signed up or the class will be cancelled. There will not be another class until next year summer!

Make some fliers or something and hang em in the dive shops, gander mountain, athletic clubs near you. You can copy a lot off the FII site then slap a pic of a freediver on it and your good to go.

Class has been Cancelled. We did not get enough people signed up in time for the instructor to make arrangements. I will post when the next class will be held, but that more than likely won't be until Spring/Summer 2013.

That is disappointing - as I was one of the three that signed up. I hope that a level 1 class will happen in the summer next year (preferably before the last weekend in July -when I'll head to Hawaii).
I know I would certainly be up for diving that Saturday or Sunday (Sept. 15/16) if anyone else who knows what they are doing were planning on doing so, or someone needs a dive-buddy. I do have about a 5-hour drive (since I cancelled my hotel), but could be there in the late morning--if anyone is interested just let me know.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT