• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fact is stranger than fiction -

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SASpearo

Desk Driver
Dec 6, 2001
Because fiction needs to make sense.

Come on guys, let's get some fiction going here !!!

Well, I could talk about my 27 minute static, 700 metre dynamic and 1400 metre constant ballast records but their is a line between fiction and blatant bald face lying :)

Fact or fiction

On a dive yesterday in a deep lake, I blacked out and when I awoke I was on one of Jupiter's moons, diving in a sea of supercooled methane and ethane. The ocean was absolutely black and the sky was red. At the surface the waves crashed over me in slow motion, drops of 'water' floating ten feet into the air, before drifting downward. If I kicked hard enough with my monofin I could soar into the air and get a bird's eye view of the rocky shore and distant mountains.

Needless to say, I broke ALL the Earth freediving records that day.

But now I have nightmares about what sort of creatures could be living in that deep black ocean.

Pete

It was a beatiful day, sun was starting to rise.. (5:00am) I had came here.. my favourite place to dive, a corral wall that descended into blackness, I had swam on this edge and was looking at the sun rising on a clear blue sky. I sat there waching and relaxing, I didn't need to concentrate on my breathing or anything since the scenery just did the job for me. And I did my breath up routine..slowly but surely my polar heart rate monitor showed my pulse ( 25) I felt good and decided to extend my breathing just a bit.
The edge was perfect, you could dive from it like from a pools edge and just descend and watch all those brightly coloured fish swim with you.
I packed 30times and felt that I could pack just few more but decided to stay with my normal amount of pacs for "deep" rec. diving. First few dolphin kicks got me to -10m and I stopped kicking and let myself sing first slowly then bit faster as I became more negative.
The first sight over the reefedge is always breath taking and so it was today..again. I could see those little fishes hiding in the corrals and bigger fish swimming by looking like they were on a UW cruise or something, but ready to feast on any of those little fishes if they were too slow to hide. One manta floated under me in about -25m, it looked like flying carpet,just bit too big for my livingroom.
Right under me was just deep blackness, I felt perfect as I passed -30m and saw the manta change direction as I descended by. I kept looking around like in a marketplace trying to find something interesting. here and there I could see bigger yellowfin tuna swimming, but nothing very interesting.
I kept sinking.
at the corner of my eye I saw movement and as I turned my head to see, I almost shouted. It was bigger than my house! the Whale just drifted towards me and I could see it's eye as it peered me, like saying "what are you doing here?" I felt huble.
I noticed a little cliff on the coral wall and tried to change my direction so that I would sink on it, and as I sinked...smashed on it I glimpsed my mosquito (-80m) I felt like I was doing perfectly normal -20m dive and just sat there watching the whale drift by...

it is so sad that here I can't even see my hands when I hit 20m...

Call it a "day" dream

while i was racing today, i let my mind drift over to diving...(pardon the pun) i would call it a day dream because my mind was to far from where it should have been, every rock i saw on the trail i thought was a coral head, i imagined that the other riders big fish and dolphins that i was passing (he he he, well some of the riders passed me to)

anyway, i imagined that every climb was an ascent from the deep, and every downhill a ride to the bottom of the ocean (curtosy of gravity and negative boyancy)

i 'dreamed' that i was in florida, along a reef, on one really awsome dive i saw a dolphin that just seemed to follow me, and then at the bottom i was just right and saw the light shinning from above through all the water, a shark swam by the light reflecting off of a small fish following it, the water felt so comfortable, i was in a good place, i was looking at the vastness of the wall that towered over me, then i realized that i had a long way up, this dolphin followed me all the way to the surface

then (sadly) my mind decided to remember that this was canada cup and i need a good result, it also reminded me that my legs were on fire

anyway, i had fun thinking of diving during the hardest of times,

motivation such an aggrevation, accussations, dont know how to take them -sum 41
ps, just a good verse, doesnt mean i agree with it :hmm

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT