• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fancy spearing this Tigerfish?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SurfnSpear

At the beach!
May 24, 2005
:martial:martial:martial:martial

Attachments

• TigerfishOnSteroids1.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 164
  • TigerfishOnSteroids2.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 149
  • TigerfishOnSteroids3.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: Adrian
Bloody hell! that could do you a mischief if You upset it. If I speared that I'd be wearing those teeth on a necklace like crocodile dundee.

Wow!, never seen one of those, where are they found? Freshwater - salt water?

They are from Africa, fresh water dudes, open rivers and lakes if I remember correctly. Probably all crap and it's a salty dude from Indonesia rofl

Pastor is right. African freshwater species...[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigerfish]Tigerfish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
When I was younger I once went to the Pongolapoort Dam near Jozini in Zululand (Northern Kwazulu Natal) and caught a few small ones with metal clark spoons and thick wire trace. What a fight they gave and I can imagine what the bigger ones are like. Lot of flyfishing for tigers goes on up there now too.

I bet that bad boy could do a family size Pork pie in one go and drop not a crumb!!rofl

I've got a byte from a blue fish early this year, that was no fun, I could not even think about getting a byte from one of those.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…