• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Fazza Freediving Championships - Dubai

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

island_sands

Erection Supervisor ;)
Supporter
Jan 19, 2001
To all freedivers sniffing after that Range Rover!!

The Fazza Freediving Championships have been announced from 9-14 April. For those who have been here before, you will know that the dates may vary or shorten but what will be definite is that the competition will end on the weekend of 14th April.

For the moment, i can only find an Arabic link that works for registration:

To enter your details, it has been emailed to us as follows (thank you to Amro Dabash for the translation)

The boxes you have to fill are as follows:
1-your name.
2- your age.
3- your country.
4- your mobile number.

You will then receive a confirmation text message, unfortunately, it is in Arabic. We will try to get more details.

http://fazzahost.com/championships/diving/registration/

Thanks Sara,
I would like to share the rules & the regulations of the competition as I got a lot of inquiries.
The Fazza Championship Rules

1 Every participant should not let go of his rope until the contest is over, and when the participant lets go of the rope, he/she is then considered in danger and will be rescued immediately, and his/her score will not be counted
2 The clock starts as soon as the last part of the body is underwater, and the clock stops when any body part appears above water level
3 The score is canceled if the participants excludes from a different point than where he/she started
4 The score is also canceled if the participant is having severe difficulties or fainted and the rescue team got involved after the end of the dive by a period of one minute whether in the semi finals or finals
5 It is prevented to use goggles, fins, gloves, diving suit
6 It is prevented to use of any modern diving equipment
7 It is permissible for all nationalities of both genders to participate
8 Participants must be from the age of 18 years and older
9 All participants must be available and present on the first day of the tournament and the exclusion of all who did not attend the preliminary qualifiers for no reason whatsoever
10 Participants must sign the pledge and asked to participate to enter the playoffs
11 In the case of a tie any of the contestants in the timing, there will be an additional round to break a tie at the same time and same tournament system
12 The organizing committee has the right to exclude any participant while in violation of the rules and regulations of the tournament, or non-compliance with the directives based on the tournament

Yours
A/\/\Ro Dabash

What are the current records for both armatures and professionals?

There are two categories, GCC nationals and the rest of world.

Last year Sheikh Rashid won the GCC nationals section with about a 4'30" breathhold and Goran Colak won the other section with about 7'03 (I cant remember exactly).

There are two categories, GCC nationals and the rest of world.

Last year Sheikh Rashid won the GCC nationals section with about a 4'30" breathhold and Goran Colak won the other section with about 7'03 (I cant remember exactly).
That is more like it, few days ago I searched the internet for the GCC record and some websites say it is 5:30 min.
Thank you so much for the info.
Ahmed

I have registered but the message sent in Arabic was saying that i am registered to Falcons Hunt Competition!!!

Thanks for sharing the link

Reactions: island_sands
Hello,
Do the women compete alongside the men with same opportunity for prizes, or do we have our own category and prizes?

Thanks,
Liv

Hello,
Do the women compete alongside the men with same opportunity for prizes, or do we have our own category and prizes?

Thanks,
Liv

unfortunately... not. i have been arguing this with the competitors every year, and every year they say they dont have enough interest to hold a women's category

so we have to compete against the men. Fair?!

I'm certain that top ranking female freedivers would like to see an event, run on an equal footing with the men's event.
It would be a a great draw to other female Champions like myself, to have a Championship for athletes offering an opportunity to win financial prizes. Would The 'Fazza Freediving Championships' perhaps be the first to offer such an event to women?
I hope so.
Liv Philip
UK Freediving Champion

So what they need is a long list of strong passionate freediving women to apply?

Perhaps when you team up with characters such Tanya, Natalia, Lotta, Kathryn, and local women, they may be convinced?

ps.

I like the 'UK Freediving Champion' line :)

Love, Courage and Water,

Kars

I'm certain that top ranking female freedivers would like to see an event, run on an equal footing with the men's event.
It would be a a great draw to other female Champions like myself, to have a Championship for athletes offering an opportunity to win financial prizes. Would The 'Fazza Freediving Championships' perhaps be the first to offer such an event to women?
I hope so.
Liv Philip
UK Freediving Champion

I totaly agree and sign up for that kind of event!!
Cheers ,
Lidija

Nice, more women chiming in!

Ok, I got a friend who likes to go but is eager to know the answers to the following questions:

1. How thick is the rope going to be ?
2. water temperature ?
3. order by which athletes enter the water (by announcements, randomly...?)
4. how long before entering the water they will call our name?
5. how long we can of must be at the surface before diving :)

If anyone can answer any of these, thanks!

Kars

1. How thick is the rope going to be ?
Around 1cm
2. water temperature ?
Normal pool temperature
3. order by which athletes enter the water (by announcements, randomly...?)
Random
4. how long before entering the water they will call our name?
20min
5. how long we can of must be at the surface before diving :)
Not defined, but not to long

Thanks Goran!

Oh and few more:

- Is one allowed to hold on to the anchor?
- Can you hold on using the feet or legs?
- what is a good and cheap hotel nearby?
- Are you going to take the Landrover all the way back home? :D

I'm looking forward to who will be there!

- Is one allowed to hold on to the anchor?
I think so, but I am not sure, that kind of details should be checked on the spot with the organizer. It might change from year to year.
- Can you hold on using the feet or legs?
You can but you can not warp the rope around arms or legs.
- what is a good and cheap hotel nearby?
Nothing is near that pool, the pool is in the middle of nowhere :) I have a friend there, Alexey to... for hotels, try to use a Google...
- Are you going to take the Landrover all the way back home?
You really need to sold it there somehow to someone, because importing it to Europe is so complicated I don't even know from where to start explaining...

Reactions: Kars
ok this is big problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now i need your help! do I have to be there at 27 of february or march 1 march.
when is the oppening ceremony! I have to be there!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT