• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Feb 12/13 - The Anti Valentines Day Meet

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Hello brave non-cold fearing people

Just to let you know the plan for this weekend - things will be slightly different to usual as we only have Angel cover on the Saturday. So - our dives will be

Saturday

In water for 10.15am on Saturday - top time 11am - prompt - time is of the essence if we want to get two dives with scuba cover in - get to NDC whenever you need to do that, stretch, change, eat breakfast, natter etc by 9.30 am at the latest - dives covered by Angels to 50m. I might already be on the pontoon when you get there, if so, please self-motivate and join me!

In water again asap after lunch surface interval - second dive covered by Angels to 45m

Saturday night
Party at my place in Bristol for those who are coming

Sunday
If people want to to do this - back to Chepstow to dive one session of 25m max training dives, no Angels. Sunday lunch afterwards perhaps...

At the moment I have the following dives listed - if you are on this list, I have already emailed you the depths you are down to dive to, please let me know if this has changed, I figured not everyone would want their depth published on the net!

Sat AM
Theo
Dave Morgan
Franck
Remi
Sam
Justin
Shaun - video ing

Sat PM
Theo
Dave Morgan
Franck
Remi
Sam
Justin
Shaun - video

please note that due to Deco requirements of the Angels - your deepest attempt will need to be in the morning - so I have put your "Sunday" depths down as Sat AM and your "Saturday" depths down as Sat PM.

Sunday - everyone max 25m as many times as you like
Dave M
Theo
Remi
Franck
Sam
Justin

if this changes your mind about coming, or about your depths please let me know NOW!! we will cancel Sunday if not enough people want to do it.

Please bear with us through the winter months. We are doing what we can but it is VERY hard to get an experienced scuba team together to cover the depths we need and also to get enough good freedivers along to safety dive. Full SaltFree services will resume in the Spring - I hope things to be more normal with two dives on Saturday, one with Angels, one without and one with on Sundays - from at least April onwards.

Laura and Mark Harris will be running the March meet as I am away with work that weekend, they will be in touch nearer the time.

See you Saturday - please, please let me know a.s.a.p. if you are not coming or want to dive shallower. All our deep guys this weekend are on trimix which is very expensive and filled very specifically to match the depths you have requested - please respect that.

thanks

Sam

Hmmm, sadly can't be there despite the fact I like 2 be there, maybe next time?????

ok the list is now.....

Saturday - 2 sessions with Angels
Theo
Hardest Dave
Remi
Justin
Shaun
Franck (maybe in the afternoon)

me - prob not diving, still coughing like a seal...

Sunday - 25m max, 1 session, no Angels
Theo
Hardest Dave
Lammy Dave
Franck
Justin

me

and for the record, the hardest of hardcore posse this weekend were....

Saturday -

Angels - Mark W, Brad and Ben
In the water hard core freedivers - Sam, Hardest Dave, Remi
Moral Support on the pontoon - Shaun and Bex

Sunday -
special prize for being the hardest of hard, freediving in a snow storm in 6c brought down to a windchill of about 2c with a strong northerly wind.... and a hangover...

Sam, Franck and Lammy Dave

Respect is Due!!!!

things can only get better, lets hope spring has sprung in time for the March meet

s
x

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT